Unlimited dining pkg

12 minutes ago, atabs12 said:

I was interested in purchasing the UDP for the Allure in Feb but the price per person during black Friday Sale is 225. I wont purchase for that price. 
How much does the UDP normally cost on Oasis class? 

We had UDP on the Odyssey and it was 125pp for a 6 day cruise. 

I got it on sale @ $420 for two on Odyssey for December. It's a bit higher now - even with the 50% Black Friday Sale. 

2 hours ago, atabs12 said:

I was interested in purchasing the UDP for the Allure in Feb but the price per person during black Friday Sale is 225. I wont purchase for that price. 
How much does the UDP normally cost on Oasis class? 

We had UDP on the Odyssey and it was 125pp for a 6 day cruise. 

I paid $207.99/person for the dining package for a 7 night cruise on symphony. My experience with dining on the ship so far is that the specialty restaurants are nice,  both with food and with atmosphere. 

However, my experience is confirming for me that I don't like having a set dining time.  I wish it was easier to just use the specialty dining without reservations. I'm finding myself eating more food at times when I'm not hungry, simply because I had a reservation. I really like the windjammer more for the ease of dining at your own pace, serving yourself the quantity of food you  want, and being able to coordinate meals around being hungry and other activities. I've got 5 days left so I'll see how I feel at the end. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I paid $207.99/person for the dining package for a 7 night cruise on symphony. My experience with dining on the ship so far is that the specialty restaurants are nice,  both with food and with atmosphere. 

However, my experience is confirming for me that I don't like having a set dining time.  I wish it was easier to just use the specialty dining without reservations. I'm finding myself eating more food at times when I'm not hungry, simply because I had a reservation. I really like the windjammer more for the ease of dining at your own pace, serving yourself the quantity of food you  want, and being able to coordinate meals around being hungry and other activities. I've got 5 days left so I'll see how I feel at the end. 

I wish u could walk in as well in specialty but dining room is chaos with my time dining too. Either way on the big ships you pretty much have to reserve all dining. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Exactly. We went back to the 3-night dining package. It is difficult with all of the reservations and the UDP. We were supposed to go back to Hooked on a recent sailing, and DH said he didn't want to do it. We just cancelled the reservation, and we went to the Windjammer that evening. It is kind of a nuisance to be that scheduled. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

We felt the same way with UDP on the Allure last month.  I doubt we will get it again unless 1. Oasis or Quatum, 2. Transatlantic or Transpacific because of the sea days.  It's a lot with port intensive cruises.  We loved the experiences but both of us agreed probably not again unless it was the above reasons and the price was good.  Sometimes grab and go works especially when you have a 8am hike the next morning.

• Like 2