Having trouble with Loyalty Match submission

Jeep Driver

I was successful in getting my own loyalty match from Carnival to MSC.

I have been trying, a month later now, to submit a match for my wife's CCl status. On the link https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/status-match when I try to "choose file" and add the .PDF of her CCL sign and sail card it just shows the text, like: card.pdf. I hit the confirm button and it seemed to complete.

I am not sure this is the way I had done it with my own status match. As I recall, when I put in my sign and sail card .pdf it showed as an actual picture of my card not just the text "card.pdf".  

My question is, shouldn't there be a picture of the card shown on the submission form and not just the words xxx.pdf, or am I misremembering my first successful submission? 

I have searched and seen many complaints about others having trouble doing the Loyalty Match, and I just felt like something was wrong.

Thanks for any help.

When I did the status match I uploaded a screenshot of my loyalty level with Celebrity and it was in the form of a jpeg.  I don't recall seeing a pic of what I was submitting when I hit the submit button.  I did get a message like "Your info has been received" or some such confirmation.

Thanks.  I appreciate your responding.  They now specify it must be in a pdf, doc or docx format. The last time I also used a jpeg as well. This time I didn't get a confirmation that it was received. May wait a couple of days and try again.

Just a real pain.  FWIW, I don't find the loyalty perks for MSC to be all that great.  I have benefitted from the 5% off but it applies to the booking so I didn't worry that DH wasn't status matched.  Unless you have enough points to get you to the highest MSC tier, the trouble outweighs the benefit a lot of the time.  Maybe give them a call?...that could be a hassle as well but might be worth a try.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

When I did the status match I uploaded a screenshot of my loyalty level with Celebrity and it was in the form of a jpeg.  I don't recall seeing a pic of what I was submitting when I hit the submit button.  I did get a message like "Your info has been received" or some such confirmation.

I also just uploaded a screenshot.  This was less than 6 months ago. 

• Like 1

Well, that didn't take too long! I have just received confirmation that DWs Voyager status match was confirmed as gold, which is correct for CCL's platinum status. Thanks those who responded to my original question. Our first MSC cruise and we are ready to sail! Meraviglia, on Dec 11th out of Port Canaveral.

• Like 1

What would Carnival low Gold match to on MSC? And is there any benefit to that status level? If this has been answered elsewhere, please let me know and point me tothe conversation. . Thanks 

Edited by zzdoug
Clarification

6 hours ago, zzdoug said:

What would Carnival low Gold match to on MSC? And is there any benefit to that status level? If this has been answered elsewhere, please let me know and point me tothe conversation. . Thanks 

I've looked in this thread for my match questions.  Good luck!

19 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Well, that didn't take too long! I have just received confirmation that DWs Voyager status match was confirmed as gold, which is correct for CCL's platinum status. Thanks those who responded to my original question. Our first MSC cruise and we are ready to sail! Meraviglia, on Dec 11th out of Port Canaveral.

Now be  sure to get your VC discount applied if you haven’t already.

My hubby and I recently did our loyalty match from NCL to MSC.  I also had trouble with the form, so sent an email to MSC match program with info and pic of NCL loyalty status from their website.  We both got our status match from MSC the same day.  Good luck.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 12:34 AM, zzdoug said:

Carnival Gold Status will get you the Silver loyalty card on MSC

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2022 at 10:45 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Just a real pain.  FWIW, I don't find the loyalty perks for MSC to be all that great.  I have benefitted from the 5% off but it applies to the booking so I didn't worry that DH wasn't status matched.  Unless you have enough points to get you to the highest MSC tier, the trouble outweighs the benefit a lot of the time.  Maybe give them a call?...that could be a hassle as well but might be worth a try.

I called, the agent told me they don't status match...end of conversation!! I did come across a post on here with the link, and summitted the form.  Will wait and see!!!

6 minutes ago, misstamster said:

I called, the agent told me they don't status match...end of conversation!! I did come across a post on here with the link, and summitted the form.  Will wait and see!!!

Well unless they've had a major change of policy that hasn't been publicized, your agent is full of sh#%!  I'm glad you submitted.  Please report back!  This will be of great interest to me as I am trying to get the parents to try MSC but they are Princess loyalists because of their status.  If the status match is no longer a thing then as Joey would say, its a moo point.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, misstamster said:

I had the same issue 2 weeks ago. My agent wrote somewhere and returned with the news that they don't status match. I've found the link at the website for my region wrote there and in 2-3 days received my new diamond card (that is not active before the beginning of the cruise so i can't use diamond perks at embarktion for example)

I also asked for my husband and they sent me status match table exactly as the one that is attached to one of the topics here (including not only crise lines but also expedia and china airlines)

Edited by Dashikda

5 hours ago, Dashikda said:

I've found the link at the website for my region wrote there and in 2-3 days received my new diamond card (that is not active before the beginning of the cruise so i can't use diamond perks at embarktion for example)

As far as I know, your status should be active already. Definitely ask them for the cruise discount, at least! Your cruise ticket will say Diamond member, and with that you can use the priority check-in and you will receive your Diamond keycard.

2 hours ago, hawkeyetlse said:

As far as I know, your status should be active already. Definitely ask them for the cruise discount, at least! Your cruise ticket will say Diamond member,

The "msc for me" does not allow to make printscreens. Now the app shows no status (after status match line "welcome status" dissappeared), 10000 points and benefits for orange "welcome" card. So

I don't have a reason for discount as my agent told me 😃

But you're right, i should probably receive cruise ticket with diamond status

Edited by Dashikda

Just to follow up. I was having trouble with the website and unable to find my reservation. I called MSC and got a really nice lady. I was expressing my frustrations with having to call so many times. She asked me about my calls. She got me checked in, sent me the edocs and lo and behold..I am now a Gold Member, rec'd the confirmation email with the edocs. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 7:10 PM, hawkeyetlse said:

As far as I know, your status should be active already. Definitely ask them for the cruise discount, at least! Your cruise ticket will say Diamond member, and with that you can use the priority check-in and you will receive your Diamond keycard.

Hi again,

have just received my documents. Don't have diamond status indication anywhere. No extra onboard credit, no priority check in... (((

The app still shows "10000 points, no status"

the agent tells this diamond will work for future booking only, after the end of this first cruise

7 hours ago, Dashikda said:

Hi again,

have just received my documents. Don't have diamond status indication anywhere. No extra onboard credit, no priority check in... (((

The app still shows "10000 points, no status"

the agent tells this diamond will work for future booking only, after the end of this first cruise

I would call MSC directly (maybe multiple times if you do not have success the first time). I status matched to diamond a couple weeks ago with an already booked cruise. i called MSC the same say as my status match and got it added to my booking and the discount was applied. they were also able to add part of the  OBC.

• Like 1

Princess has medallions not cards and first time I tried it was refused.  They said they didn't know what a black medallion meant.Husband has an online account and was able to find the word " Elite" for them to see and it was accepted. I do not have a separate online account and from what I see he can " invite" me to some perks. I hope it's for the upcoming cruise as it's a trial run on MSC after many years away cruising other lines. 

My advise, like others....keep trying. Reps are new and don't know all the rules yet.