Captain’s Club Disounts on Cruise Planner

bac513

18 minutes ago, bac513 said:

Elite Plus Captain’s club discounts are available for drinks and wifi. Do these discounts appear on cruise planner or is a phone call necessary?

Thanks.

Phone call gets it done and is the only way to do it.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bac513 said:

Not even on board?

Yes, you can.  However you then lose the pre-cruise discount on the wifi and drink packages.  If you call the Captains Club in advance of the cruise you will get your CC discount and the discount for booking before the cruise.  Same thing goes for upgrading your wi-fi or drink package.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 2:30 PM, Sea_Princess said:

Yes, I called to book the WIFI and the drink package.   I had to call back as they didn't apply the correct discount the first time.  But it was taken care of the second time.

For Wifi - did you get the 30% (or 35% depending on Elite vs Elite Plus) off the exact price you were seeing in Cruise Planner?  When I called - the discounts didn't match which sounds like what happened with your first call.

Thanks,

Mike

On 11/27/2022 at 2:26 PM, SandraLee said:

What should the discount be?  I'm Elite and only showing a 9% discount on non-premium drink package.

Thee 9% is a discount off the regular purchase price of the package.  

As Elite you can get the 15% off the purchase price or the price to upgrade but you have to call to get the discount.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SandraLee said:

You would think it would be easy to show the correct calculations on the benefits.  
Thanks for your help!

Hence the speculation of it being a money grab, hoping folks who want the internet simply add it to their cart and checkout without a second thought

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Hence the speculation of it being a money grab, hoping folks who want the internet simply add it to their cart and checkout without a second thought

I choose to look at it in a more "optimistic" way. 🤪X is simply offering cruisers more options. On a 7-day cruise an Elite would save approx. $7.50pp extra by calling in and Elite+ it would be approx. $14pp. Most people would happily give up that amount to avoid having to deal with an agent, let alone the wait times.

Edited by cdn_tbird

4 hours ago, mandream said:

For Wifi - did you get the 30% (or 35% depending on Elite vs Elite Plus) off the exact price you were seeing in Cruise Planner?  When I called - the discounts didn't match which sounds like what happened with your first call.

Thanks,

Mike

I realize this isn't directed at me but I called today to get the elite discount for wifi and I have no idea how they came up with the calculation.  It was slightly more than 30% off the price I was seeing in the cruise planner.  It wasn't enough of a difference that it was worth arguing over but didn't match y calculations.  There was a long pause as she explained there are a lot of options for them to choose from and she had to find the right one.  I'm not sure they make this very easy on the call center employees.

11 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

If there is a beverage package sale on the cruise planner and you are entitled to a 15% reduction due to CC status, is the 15% calculated on the regular or sale price?  

When I just called to book the internet package with loyalty status, the price quoted was almost the loyalty discount on top of the cruise planner sale price.  I'm not exactly sure how it was calculated since it didn't match my math but since it was close enough to what I was hoping for, I just booked it.  I would assume the same would be true for the beverage package.

Edited by prmssk
  • Like 1