TV channels available?

Traveler456

Per https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/ships/viking-neptune.html

Each stateroom is equipped with:

42" flat-screen TV featuring CNN, CBC, MBC2, beIN Sports

This doesn't match my recollection of channel offerings.  I seem to recall MSNBC and a Fox news channel plus an Aussie news channel being included.

In addition there were a collection of recordings from onboard destination lectures, Ted Talks, Viking TV recordings, and other destination information programs.

For the 21/22 World Cruise on the Viking Star, there was a wide selection of on-demand movies... maybe 50 or more... which seemed to be curated towards our planned destinations.  I'm not sure a shorter cruise will have as many movie selections.

See the following previous thread for more discussion as to available channels and programs

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2879904-television-and-in-house-movies/?do=findComment&comment=63922818

2 hours ago, SteelCity Cruiser said:

Fox, CNN, MSNBC, BBC News and SkyNews I think are the news channels (maybe a couple of others).  They are supposed to be 'live' feeds but be aware that they are not always available depending on the satellite location.

That was my experience last week on the Star. 

On our upcoming cruise, I will pay attention to what is offered.

When on a cruise, we rarely spend any time watching TV channels.  Too much else to enjoy on the ship and we can watch TV at home.   OK - well we do watch the taped and live Viking shows (Star Theatre shows, lectures, port talks, etc) after dinner since they're all usually so crowded to do live and you have to get there really early (our last experience this summer).

• Like 1