Comedy on Celebration

JOHN 57

7 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

I have heard, that there will be comedians on Celebration in more than 1 place not just the Punchliner club.  Plus I heard there will be more than one comedian.  Is that true?  How does it work?  Thank you.

Most ships have two comedians, so that's not new, but the scheduling is new. For the Trans Atlantic, they said they'd have two comedy shows at the same time; one in the Punchliner and one in the Limelight Lounge. That's a really great idea, as it forces people to choose one of the other. Normally, they'd have an 8pm show and a 9:30 show both being a different comedian so people would go to both, really limiting how many people could see it. This way, people have to choose one of the other. They said the comics alternated times/venues so we'd be able to see both during the course of the cruise. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ray985 said:

Most ships have two comedians, so that's not new, but the scheduling is new. For the Trans Atlantic, they said they'd have two comedy shows at the same time; one in the Punchliner and one in the Limelight Lounge. That's a really great idea, as it forces people to choose one of the other. Normally, they'd have an 8pm show and a 9:30 show both being a different comedian so people would go to both, really limiting how many people could see it. This way, people have to choose one of the other. They said the comics alternated times/venues so we'd be able to see both during the course of the cruise. 

thank you ray985 for clearing that up.  We sail 5 March 2023

We just got off the Trans-Atlantic Celebration Cruise and we were also on the Mardi Gras last year for its 5th outing.  

I can confirm that there were 2 comedians most nights in Punchliner and Limelight with overlapping showtimes.  Overall, I think we had 6 different comedians over the 14 day itinerary, with the comedians "swapping out" on day 7.

In addition, they also had a couple special comedy shows with the comedy headliner in the Grand Spectrum theater.  We saw Happy Cole in that Spectrum Theater and he was hilarious.

If Celebration follows the same pattern as Mardi Gras, you'll likely have 3-4 different comedians rotating through the venues on a 7 day cruise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, robertdonlon said:

We just got off the Trans-Atlantic Celebration Cruise and we were also on the Mardi Gras last year for its 5th outing.  

I can confirm that there were 2 comedians most nights in Punchliner and Limelight with overlapping showtimes.  Overall, I think we had 6 different comedians over the 14 day itinerary, with the comedians "swapping out" on day 7.

In addition, they also had a couple special comedy shows with the comedy headliner in the Grand Spectrum theater.  We saw Happy Cole in that Spectrum Theater and he was hilarious.

If Celebration follows the same pattern as Mardi Gras, you'll likely have 3-4 different comedians rotating through the venues on a 7 day cruise.

thank you so much for the info

We're just off the Mardi Gras and how it worked on there was the Punchliner was used for the adult shows and the Limelight Lounge was used for the PG shows. The comedians would do the same show 3 times each night in that venue and then switch venues the following night. It worked really well as the comedian doesn't have to do two different shows on the same night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

I have heard, that there will be comedians on Celebration in more than 1 place not just the Punchliner club.  Plus I heard there will be more than one comedian.  Is that true?  How does it work?  Thank you.

On the Mardi Gras (and I assume celebration as well), they have adult comedy in the punchliner and pg comedy in the limelight. Frequently there would be a late night comedy showcase in the theater as well. On my 7-day Mardi Gras cruise last year we had 6 comedians. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimmyTheSaint said:

We're just off the Mardi Gras and how it worked on there was the Punchliner was used for the adult shows and the Limelight Lounge was used for the PG shows. The comedians would do the same show 3 times each night in that venue and then switch venues the following night. It worked really well as the comedian doesn't have to do two different shows on the same night.

Worked essentially the same way on the Celebration TA plus some nights there was a late night adult comedy showcase in the theater with two comedians performing 15-20 minutes each. 

23 hours ago, TomCruise48 said:

Worked essentially the same way on the Celebration TA plus some nights there was a late night adult comedy showcase in the theater with two comedians performing 15-20 minutes each. 

On the MG there was a late night show in the theater 2 or 3 times over the course of the week featuring 2 comedians each doing an adult set.  Over 7 days there was comedy available at least six days totalling about 40 shows.

Comedy and lunch time food choices is where Carnival shines on the Excel Class. Even though some disagree, it is part of what makes the Excel Class a game changer for Carnival.

• Like 1