Two questions regarding Star Class

edspec

On 11/22/2022 at 11:22 AM, orville99 said:

We always pay off our cruises in full well before final payment date, and have taken advantage of price drops on fully paid off cruises on several occasions - both pre and post shutdown. After final payment date we only do RoyalUP bids, and have scored really good deals on a half dozen bids since the restart. We are on Jewel in ~two weeks and upgraded from a JS to an Owner's Suite for $400/person. 

Question about the owner's suite on Jewel, do they have the traditional twin/king bed or a queen size bed. TIA

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

It was a king size bed. Very comfortable.

Awesome, thank you so much we will be sailing Jan 20th, we have a king size at home, so downsizing is an issue. I was contemplating asking them to make up the sofa. Again, thank you, now I don't have to stress my husband out.

On 11/22/2022 at 11:22 AM, orville99 said:

We always pay off our cruises in full well before final payment date, and have taken advantage of price drops on fully paid off cruises on several occasions - both pre and post shutdown. After final payment date we only do RoyalUP bids, and have scored really good deals on a half dozen bids since the restart. We are on Jewel in ~two weeks and upgraded from a JS to an Owner's Suite for $400/person. 

Do they refund to the original credit card or give you OBC?

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

re final payment date, refund to credit card. After FPD, it is OBC.

I think the OBC went away some months ago.  It was really not an option before Covid, but there was a short time that they awarded OBC (only) as a refund after final payment during price drops after restart. 

Am currently wearing a beautiful watch from one rather large OBC we were able to score.  Sigh...those days are gone now.  

On 1/12/2023 at 9:00 AM, island lady said:

I have never seen anything other than two single beds that had the option of "both together" to made into a king size....in any cabin.  

Though there could be queens in single cabins...no sure.  And of course bunk bed set ups.  

Not sure where I read it, as I couldn't find it again, but it said it had a queen size bed, which I also found unusual. Thank you.

36 minutes ago, cruise1957 said:

Not sure where I read it, as I couldn't find it again, but it said it had a queen size bed, which I also found unusual. Thank you.

Not that this answers the question(s) but, Royal sells their mattresses in all sizes.  LOL  They ain't cheap either!

On 1/12/2023 at 9:00 AM, island lady said:

I have never seen anything other than two single beds that had the option of "both together" to made into a king size....in any cabin.  

Though there could be queens in single cabins...no sure.  And of course bunk bed set ups.  

Grand Panoramic and Owners Panoramic on deck 17 have fixed nightstands that don't move (Allure and Oasis).  The king bed can't be made into two singles.

The 2BR ATS feature a Duxiana king mattress in the primary bedroom and I'm trying to find out if it can be split.  The second bedroom can be split, it's the primary bed that is in question.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, twangster said:

Grand Panoramic and Owners Panoramic on deck 17 have fixed nightstands that don't move (Allure and Oasis).  The king bed can't be made into two singles.

The 2BR ATS feature a Duxiana king mattress in the primary bedroom and I'm trying to find out if it can be split.  The second bedroom can be split, it's the primary bed that is in question.

Yep

Allure of the Seas Cabin # 9730
Category A2 - AquaTheater Suite with Large Balcony - 2 Bedrooms

Allure of the Seas - Category A2 - Cabin # 9730

Stateroom #: 9730
Category: Category A2 - AquaTheater Suite with Large Balcony - 2 Bedrooms
Description: AquaTheater Suites have a master bedroom with a King size bed with Duxiana Mattress. The second bedroom has two twin beds that convert to a Royal King and two Pullman beds. There is a vanity with chair in each bedroom. The living area has a double sofa bed, dining room, marble entry, and entertainment center. There are two bathrooms, and the master bath has a tub. The expansive balcony includes a table and chairs.

11 hours ago, twangster said:

We have never done the Panoramic cabins...I like my fresh air balcony.   But indeed interesting.  

2 hours ago, island lady said:

We have never done the Panoramic cabins...I like my fresh air balcony.   But indeed interesting.  

The GP and OP on Oasis and Allure have balconies with a private hot tub.

The Panoramic Ocean View Suites (VP) on Voyager and Freedom don't have balconies. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:
  • Read all of this page and cannot figure out how the Star Class question devolved to what kind of mattress on smaller ships and everything else not related to Star Class.  

I find these social media Internet sites are kinda like the movie "The Wizard of Oz".  Dorothy and her buds took the Yellow Brick Road.  The road wasn't straight, it took a lot of twists and turns.  Each of the people who were on the road for differing agenda/things.  One for a heart, one for a Brain, one for courage, and one just to get home.   So, I'd just follow the Yellow Brick Road, but keep your hands and feet inside the ride.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:
  • Read all of this page and cannot figure out how the Star Class question devolved to what kind of mattress on smaller ships and everything else not related to Star Class.  

Human nature and very common on CC.  

Once a thread has pretty much run it's course...it's like herding cats after that...which I am sure you are very familiar.  😸

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, island lady said:

Human nature and very common on CC.  

Once a thread has pretty much run it's course...it's like herding cats after that...which I am sure you are very familiar.  😸

And I wouldn't have it any other way.  I totally enjoy many of the "sidebars" and disputes.  In fact, some of the most energetic disagreements, that I participated in or not have been the most educational and entertaining, at least for me.  I've had knock down and drag outs in social media sites and have later become very friendly with the very same people that I've had very vocal disagreements with, there is almost always common ground to bring people together.  I for the most part can put aside disagreements and move on.  The only ones I have a hard time forgiving and forgetting are those that have no appreciation for posts that are purely meant to help/assist.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Star Class cabins are some of the only cabins where you can't separate the mattress into two single.  It's hard to find detailed and specific Star Class information since the vast majority of cruisers never sail in Star Class so threads involving Star Class can deviate slightly.  If if doesn't please you ignore it.  

30 minutes ago, twangster said:

Star Class cabins are some of the only cabins where you can't separate the mattress into two single.  It's hard to find detailed and specific Star Class information since the vast majority of cruisers never sail in Star Class so threads involving Star Class can deviate slightly.  If if doesn't please you ignore it.  

Thank you and you are correct. When someone mentioned in this thread they were in the suite I'll be in next week I derailed the conversation as I had an unrelated question. Oops, my bad.

2 minutes ago, cruise1957 said:

Thank you and you are correct. When someone mentioned in this thread they were in the suite I'll be in next week I derailed the conversation as I had an unrelated question. Oops, my bad.

For some, going off the rail is an unforgivable sin.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 5:52 PM, twangster said:

So Oasis and Allure are the only ships with the Owner's Panoramic?  Bummer.  I really like that room and was thinking about a family cruise in 2024.  But Allure is leaving Galveston in 2023.  Maybe I can convince the family to go whereever Allure ends up.  LOL!