Call Center, Cesar -- the BEST

Learningtocruise1

I've had a couple of issues I hoped to resolve the last couple of weeks, and found the Princess call center less than stellar.  Granted, we're new to cruising unlike most of you, and did not realize using a TA would be better.

Hours on the phone and on hold met with total frustration. 

Today, however, a gentleman named Cesar answered my call promptly at 9 a.m. ET when the center opened, and stayed with me an hour until my issue was resolved (i.e., I had purchased the Princess Plus package when I booked, but it mysteriously disappeared from my Cruise Personalizer).

He's the first person in the last 2 weeks that seemed to actually care.  My other issue remains unresolved, but we board Sky on Saturday, and I'm pleased with what Cesar has done to correct the error.

Just wanted to send a positive Shout Out to someone in the call center that is worth their weight in gold.  We'll be retiring soon and expect to do multiple cruises each year.  Wasn't sure about Princess, but Cesar helped us to not totally write off this cruise line.    Thank you sooo much Cesar!! 

• Like 7

Congratulations on getting at least some of your issues resolved!  I've always had good communication experiences with the lines but many do not...  I bring print outs with me just in case I need proof but never had to produce them.

But most of all...  Welcome to cruising and Bon Voyage!!!!!  Have a wonderful trip!!!! 

Agree the service from customer service people have been great.  Every morning call has been quickly answered.  When I was unable to enter anything on the Medallion app; the CSR patiently entered all the information  including pictures till we had everything to be able to board in the Green lane.

Will be a long cruise if the Medallion is as awful as the app.

11 hours ago, Learningtocruise1 said:

I've had a couple of issues I hoped to resolve the last couple of weeks, and found the Princess call center less than stellar.  Granted, we're new to cruising unlike most of you, and did not realize using a TA would be better.

Hours on the phone and on hold met with total frustration. 

Today, however, a gentleman named Cesar answered my call promptly at 9 a.m. ET when the center opened, and stayed with me an hour until my issue was resolved (i.e., I had purchased the Princess Plus package when I booked, but it mysteriously disappeared from my Cruise Personalizer).

He's the first person in the last 2 weeks that seemed to actually care.  My other issue remains unresolved, but we board Sky on Saturday, and I'm pleased with what Cesar has done to correct the error.

Just wanted to send a positive Shout Out to someone in the call center that is worth their weight in gold.  We'll be retiring soon and expect to do multiple cruises each year.  Wasn't sure about Princess, but Cesar helped us to not totally write off this cruise line.    Thank you sooo much Cesar!! 

I agree that Cesar is great. I have been lucky to get him on the phone twice about 4-5 weeks apart. He went over and above what I have come to expect from Princess “Navigators” as they are called. 

13 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Will be a long cruise if the Medallion is as awful as the app.

It isn't - at least in our experience of 2 cruises this year.  We like it.

That said, our 2 kids, spouses and 2 grandchildren are arriving soon for Thanksgiving and I told them we will have a tutorial on the new Princess app in anticipation of our July cruise on the Caribbean Princess (I know it is far in advance but we won't all be together again until early May).  I'm not looking forward to that so maybe I should start off with the positives of using the Medallion on board.  😄

My luck has been both bad and good.  I am elite (whoopy) and my upcoming cruises did not reflect this in the travel summary.  I sent an e-mail to my PVP and within two days she had corrected the summary to reflect my correct status (want that mini bar!).  

Now the bad and sort of good.  Last February I was charged with $115 for Chef's dinner.  This showed up on my portfolio on the morning we departed.  I have sent several emails, used the chat line, and been on hold for over two hours.  The first e-mail was in March.  Finally,  today I received a call from Princess and the person called apologized all over the place for not responding to my e-mails.  She offered either a refund or to apply to my next cruise.  I chose the latter.  She also gave me additional OBC.  I truly feel awful for these customer service people.  Seems like everything as to get elevated to someone else in the food chain to get any kind of money problems resolved.   Just call me the Happy Cruiser."