Harvest Caye Villa Food

WoodByWright

We are booking a pair of the villas on Harvest Caye and were thinking about ordering food rather then wasting 2 hours+ to go back to the ship. would anyone have the menu they offer there? I know the price will be high, but I would like to know how high.

Great question!

We’d love to get the answer as well as we have a villa coming up in December. We understand that due to this being a Belize owned island vs NCL-owned like GSC, you pay for all food and drink on the island - nothing is included in any onboard dining plan, or drinking plan.

I’m curious if our cruise port credits of $50 applies to Belize,  and if so, how exactly. 

Honestly, with the cost of the villas we are just shrugging our shoulders re: snack and lunch costs, and willing to take on any food or drink costs vs trucking back-and-forth to the ship and losing time in the villa (but that’s just us). 

Hope you have a great trip, and looking forward to the replies! 

Warmest, Amy 

1 hour ago, amygutman said:

Honestly, with the cost of the villas we are just shrugging our shoulders re: snack and lunch costs, and willing to take on any food or drink costs vs trucking back-and-forth to the ship and losing time in the villa (but that’s just us). 

We are in the same boat. When we booked them I thought food and wifi would be there but apparently neither of those come. But for the price we don't want to waste two hours to truck the 3/4 mile back and forth to the ship.

21 hours ago, WoodByWright said:

We are booking a pair of the villas on Harvest Caye and were thinking about ordering food rather then wasting 2 hours+ to go back to the ship. would anyone have the menu they offer there? I know the price will be high, but I would like to know how high.

We have not been back to Harvest Caye since late 2019, however, (if I recall correctly) burgers plates, and such, were in the $14+ range.  At that time, the restaurant was one of the Jimmy Buffet chain.

Villa servers will deliver food to you if desired.

Anyway, if we were returning soon and wanted to eat on the island, I would anticipate adding approximately 20%+ to the cost of each meal. Basically, expect $20 per plate plus tips.

Unfortunately, neither DH, nor I, can remember if we needed to pay cash for everything, or use a credit card.

I hope this helps, somewhat!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ggTexasGal said:

We have not been back to Harvest Caye since late 2019, however, (if I recall correctly) burgers plates, and such, were in the $14+ range.  At that time, the restaurant was one of the Jimmy Buffet chain.

Anyway, if we were returning soon and wanted to eat on the island, I would anticipate adding approximately 20%+ to the cost of each meal. Basically, expect $20 per plate plus tips.

Unfortunately, neither DH, nor I, can remember if we needed to pay cash for everything, or use a credit card.

That is the best answer I have gotten so far. Thanks!

• Like 1

During our Family Trip on the NCL Joy, November 2021; I rented the Beach Villa.  I used to love this kind of place because it was private, on the beach and had servers.  The actual Villa was lovely.  The food and drink was average to below quality and as stated very expensive.  

This situation after paying as much for the Villa as it is was very disappointing.  The food and drink on the ship is so much better.  Yet when you pay all that money, you want every single second on the beach and don't want to leave.  NCL knows this and in my opinion, leverages it.  Food and drink in a villa should be complementary at these prices.  Just my two cents.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2

On 11/25/2022 at 10:42 PM, WoodByWright said:

We are in the same boat. When we booked them I thought food and wifi would be there but apparently neither of those come. But for the price we don't want to waste two hours to truck the 3/4 mile back and forth to the ship.

It definitely is different than GSC - disappointing really as the inclusions help making the villa prices more palatable. 

that being said, the other perks (like shower and bathroom, plus convince / safety of a safe) are amazing and to us, make it worthwhile. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

That’s very helpful info. Ty!

• Like 2

I just returned from a cruise that stopped there. I was with some people that rented a villa. I got shrimp ceviche and stewed chicken with rice and peas and plantains. Others got burgers, chicken fingers, pub sandwiches. I didn’t think the prices were that expensive, around $13-$20 I think. We had a food/beverage concierge who brought the menus and came back and took our orders. The food was delivered within 30 minutes if not sooner. It was cheaper for us to order bottles of liquor than to purchase individual drinks. The villas were completely full during my trip. Payment was made with a credit card. 

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

I just returned from a cruise that stopped there. I was with some people that rented a villa. I got shrimp ceviche and stewed chicken with rice and peas and plantains. Others got burgers, chicken fingers, pub sandwiches. I didn’t think the prices were that expensive, around $13-$20 I think. We had a food/beverage concierge who brought the menus and came back and took our orders. The food was delivered within 30 minutes if not sooner. It was cheaper for us to order bottles of liquor than to purchase individual drinks. The villas were completely full during my trip. Payment was made with a credit card. 

Fantastic! That is exactly what I wanted to find out. Thanks.

5 hours ago, reeinaz said:

That's great to hear...so appreciate of the information!6

From what I remember there is a liquor shop on the island I think it was the first on the left when you went through the entrance. I also thought they were planning to offer pre-order of food platters for the villas. I seem to remember seeing them mentioned in the options to purchase in the NCL app section where you find the specialty dining credits and the like.