Black Friday 20% Discount onnShore Excursion

roberts2005

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You got an even better deal by booking early, but that's not something you can replicate for others.

I do not understand this sentence.

I don't believe I was trying to 'replicate' anything, merely posting my personal experience for the benefit of others.

We had 2 excursions on our December Holiday Cruise discounted - canceled and rebooked saving about $50 in SBC.  Several others on the trip were discounted but nothing we were interested in.  No discounts on any excursion for the May 14 Med Islands Cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does this apply to tours booked using OBC? Can see a couple of tours we have booked are now quite a bit cheaper, wel 20%! But booked a few using a combination of OBC then Credit Card, so if i cancel i get a refund and if re booking then pay for that and wait for refund to come through.

How does it work?

Just now, Hammer61 said:

Does this apply to tours booked using OBC? Can see a couple of tours we have booked are now quite a bit cheaper, wel 20%! But booked a few using a combination of OBC then Credit Card, so if i cancel i get a refund and if re booking then pay for that and wait for refund to come through.

How does it work?

My experience albeit a year ago I cancelled an excursion pre cruise that was paid for with cruise line provided OBC and the refund was almost instant in increasing my onboard credit balance. I can’t guarantee the same applies now but that was certainly what happened then. (I wasn’t rebooking a replacement excursion I’d just changed my mind) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, uktog said:

My experience albeit a year ago I cancelled an excursion pre cruise that was paid for with cruise line provided OBC and the refund was almost instant in increasing my onboard credit balance. I can’t guarantee the same applies now but that was certainly what happened then. (I wasn’t rebooking a replacement excursion I’d just changed my mind) 

The OBC refund is instantaneous.

Our previous experience with Credit Card refund was very different. Because nothing appeared after a couple of weeks we had to chase Azamara. It took about two months before everything was refunded.

Let's hope things have improved (although I cannot say I am confident). If the CC refund is dilatory I will take this up with staff when we board in three weeks.

10 minutes ago, blag said:

The OBC refund is instantaneous.

Our previous experience with Credit Card refund was very different. Because nothing appeared after a couple of weeks we had to chase Azamara. It took about two months before everything was refunded.

Let's hope things have improved (although I cannot say I am confident). If the CC refund is dilatory I will take this up with staff when we board in three weeks.

For information to the question asker when did you last cancel an excursion that you’d paid for my OBC?  

Systems are changing so data referencing in this time of change is more helpful 

Just now, uktog said:

For information to the question asker when did you last cancel an excursion that you’d paid for my OBC?  

Systems are changing so data referencing in this time of change is more helpful 

I cancelled and re-booked at one excursion paid totally with OBC, and second where part of the payment was via OBC,  yesterday November 26, at about 1500.

• Thanks 1

I just cancelled and rebooked 1 excursion. The OBC was immediate and I would use it for the "new" booking. The email acknowledging the cancellation said the credit card refund could take up to 30 days. Just hope the refund goes smoothly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 5:54 AM, candkd said:

The email acknowledging the cancellation said the credit card refund could take up to 30 days. Just hope the refund goes smoothly.

I cancelled and rebooked, as others have said the OBC was instantly back on my account, the portion used to pay with the card i was told by the Rep i spoke with usually takes 48-72 hours to be processed and credited back to my card.

After I had re booked all the excursions, I will have a small balance of OBC left 😀

Did notice it didn’t apply to all excursions and not all had a 20% discount, it’s not a huge saving for us but it all adds up!

But thanks for the heads up on this Forum, would not have known otherwise😁

Edited by Hammer61
  • Like 1