Staying overnight in Miami, then taking Carnival shuttle in the a.m.

GBSfan

Hi there. We will be flying into Miami the night before our cruise. We have booked a shuttle through Carnival to get to the port the next morning for our cruise. My travel agent said to take the hotel's airport shuttle back to the airport in the morning, and go to the baggage collection area to catch the shuttle. Can you really get into the baggage collection area of the airport from outside the airport? I am thinking that if it's in the arrivals area of the airport that you can, but I am not sure. Has anyone done this? Thank you.

No big deal doing this, but your hotel likely has a port shuttle for around $12pp so why would you want to go back to the airport?  We've done shuttles and cabs from airport hotels multiple times and it is pretty easy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeeW said:

No big deal doing this, but your hotel likely has a port shuttle for around $12pp so why would you want to go back to the airport?  We've done shuttles and cabs from airport hotels multiple times and it is pretty easy.

This. Getting a shuttle back to the airport just to get the cruise line shuttle back to the port is a waste of time and money. Just get a shuttle or taxi from your hotel to the port.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 7:52 PM, GBSfan said:

Can you really get into the baggage collection area of the airport from outside the airport? I am thinking that if it's in the arrivals area of the airport that you can, but I am not sure. Has anyone done this? Thank you.

I've never been to an airport where baggage claim was in the secure area, meaning you can be dropped at arrivals and go to baggage claim with no trouble.  People do this all the time to greet arriving friends or family.

1 hour ago, waterbug123 said:

I've never been to an airport where baggage claim was in the secure area, meaning you can be dropped at arrivals and go to baggage claim with no trouble.

Except for international arrivals at most airports around the world, and domestic arrivals at many non-US airports!

Fortunately, this won't adversely affect the OP - although I too can't understand the logic behind their plan.

• Like 3

On 11/27/2022 at 12:55 PM, Globaliser said:

Except for international arrivals at most airports around the world, and domestic arrivals at many non-US airports!

Fortunately, this won't adversely affect the OP - although I too can't understand the logic behind their plan.

Well, yes, but I wasn't taking international arrivals into consideration since it's not a factor here. 

I guess I wasn't thinking that far ahead when I booked the cruise. I've used Carnival shuttles in the past, and they worked out great. But you are correct, in that it doesn't make sense, since we are leaving from the Miami hotel in the morning, to go back to the airport. I'll call my travel agent and see if I can get my money back for the Carnival transfers, and go straight to the port from the hotel instead. 

• Like 2