Horizon TV's have an HDMI port?

dandeck

7 hours ago, dandeck said:

Hello!

Anyone know for certain if the TV's in the rooms have active HDMI port(s) or not?  Want to be able to watch movies from my own source. 

Thanks! 

6 hours ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Carnival locks the TVs down you aren't suppose to add stuff to them. People will be around saying my husband/wife/blahblah bypassed things using x or x , but you aren't suppose to.

Hi @dandeck🙂

HDMI ports on cruise ship televisions ARE NOT locked at all. It is simply the Input Button/Source Button on cruise ship Remote Controls that are deactivated.

Nothing is deactivated on the televisions themselves.

Thousands of passengers across many cruise lines have been doing this for years. Its not against ANY cruise line rules whatsoever. Hundreds & hundreds of families do this for their children aboard cruise ships. 

⬇️It doesn't get any easier than this⬇️

1) It's all about the remote control. Bring your own. Change the input.

2) Hdmi cable from your cd player or cd player on your laptop hooked up to the television. 

TIP --- In regards to Carnival, I've noticed a regular $8.99 Samsung Remote will change the Source/Input.

71-Zt-BUHn44-L.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dandeck said:

Hello!

Anyone know for certain if the TV's in the rooms have active HDMI port(s) or not?  Want to be able to watch movies from my own source. 

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @dandeck🙂

HDMI ports on cruise ship televisions ARE NOT locked at all. It is simply the Input Button/Source Button on cruise ship Remote Controls that are deactivated.

Thousands of passengers across many cruise lines have been doing this for years. Its not against ANY cruise line rules whatsoever. Hundreds & hundreds of families do this for their children aboard cruise ships. 

⬇️It doesn't get any easier than this⬇️

2) Hdmi cable from your cd player or cd player on your laptop hooked up to the television. 

TIP --- In regards to Carnival, I've noticed a regular $8.99 Samsung Remote will change the Source/Input.

71-Zt-BUHn44-L.jpg

^ 101% this comment above ^ from ObstructedView2

We've been using a universal remote control to change the input on stateroom televisions on Carnival, Royal & Princess for a very long time now because the input or source button is deactivated on the remote itself, not the television. I have yet to encounter a cabin tv with a locked or inactive hdmi port. 

Enjoy your in-cabin movies!

🍿🎬 💿 📽 📺 🎬 📽 💿🍿

• Like 2

Thank you for this post. I was wondering the same . I need to purchase another universal remote and bring my streaming device since I am going to purchase the internet package. Just like to watch a movie and local TV stations at times. My mom will be able to watch The Kitchen.

Now I hope to be able to reach the HDMI port on the TV  on the Celebration 

Edited by rtfnl

1 hour ago, rtfnl said:

Thank you for this post. I was wondering the same . I need to purchase another universal remote and bring my streaming device since I am going to purchase the internet package. Just like to watch a movie and local TV stations at times. My mom will be able to watch The Kitchen.

I don’t know how streaming services work with the captive portals on the ship. But in any event you’re in for a great deal of frustration getting carnivals Wi-Fi to do anything more than refresh a Facebook feed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

I don’t know how streaming services work with the captive portals on the ship. But in any event you’re in for a great deal of frustration getting carnivals Wi-Fi to do anything more than refresh a Facebook feed. 

Won't be streaming.  Will simply be viewing, on the TV screen via the HDMI port, what I have downloaded on my phone.  

Edited by dandeck
Rewording
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mz-s said:

Yes, I am going to try to stream. If it doesn't work I'll be alright. If it works great. 

On 11/26/2022 at 8:01 AM, ObstructedView2 said:

Well, if you read the FAQ from Carnival here https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2789/~/stateroom-television-programming you will see this text: 

Connecting Personal Devices to Stateroom TV's

Guests are not permitted to connect Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play units with the television in the staterooms; all connection ports are disabled.

Your call. 

Our last cruise we had loss of all PA an , and all tv signals for over 24 hours on our last full day and were at sea. Thankfully we usually carry an hdmi cord and apple adapter. So without cable etc. we at least could stream our own movies. Honestly I would trade no tv/cable for cruise as it got so “noisy” when they did finally fix it, PA announcements galore. So annoying. Never needed our universal remote. Perhaps since nothing was working. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 8:26 PM, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @BallFour4🙂

Oh my goodness! I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing it out, wow, all these years, I never knew. ✌

By no means was that an attempt to be the elementary school patrol boy. I could care less what people do with the television, what booze they sneak on or how many drinks they shared.
 In four decades of cruising I have only seen three groups put off the ship. I'm sure I missed a few, but one family in Jamaica made a lasting impression!

On 11/26/2022 at 12:46 PM, rtfnl said:

Rather than purchasing an actual universal remote, just use your cellphone. If your cellphone doesn't have an IR Blaster built into it, then you can purchase an external one fairly cheap. 😉 

• Like 1