Prima 12/10-12/11

zackarykeef

Anyone know if there’s something going on this weekend or if it’s just a simple repositioning? We disembark 12/10 in Miami, and the next sailing is 12/11 from Orlando. Seems odd, but what do I know. Wonder what disembarking will be like if no one is getting on after us 🤷🏼‍♂️

I noticed that as well and assumed it is just repositioning.  They want the new ship to sail out of a variety of ports to give people chances to sail on her and it is easier to meet the requirements of the Passenger Vessels Services Act with basic Caribbean cruises, if they keep the cruises as closed loop cruises (no need to find a distant foreign port), hence she gets repositioned overnight with no passengers.  I assume that also means they don't allow any B2B passengers between those two legs.

3 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

Anyone know if there’s something going on this weekend or if it’s just a simple repositioning? We disembark 12/10 in Miami, and the next sailing is 12/11 from Orlando. Seems odd, but what do I know. Wonder what disembarking will be like if no one is getting on after us 🤷🏼‍♂️

Non-revenue repositioning. Training day and crew party ("enrichment" where some of your DSC goes). 

Boarding on the 11th will probably be at the normal time, but cabins will be ready as soon as you board. 

Edited by BirdTravels

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Non-revenue repositioning. Training day and crew party ("enrichment" where some of your DSC goes). 

Boarding on the 11th will probably be at the normal time, but cabins will be ready as soon as you board. 

Yes, this will definitely make it easier for the stewards to get the cabins cleaned and ready for the next batch of passengers.