Nieuw Statendam Post Cruise

gobben

6 hours ago, PACD_JG said:

I think your review is very fair, but I guess I don't feel sorry for the kids on the cruise because the parents should have known better - HAL's niche has never been about children.  I say this as somebody who was on this cruise with a 15 and 14 year old (our second with HAL).  Saying you sympathize almost sounds like you're excusing them from being little jerks.

I should have clarified my point on kids.  I never want to excuse bad behavior.  My point was I feel sorry #1 for the lack of activities for the kids.  #2 that their parents made the decision to take them on a cruise that is not directed to kids. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

??  With the exception of having less video panels in the World Stage and not having a Rolling Stones Rock Room, the two Signature Class ships have the same entertainment offerings as Pinnacle class ships.  Same goes for the Vista class ships except at least one has switched out BB Kings for the Rock Room.  The only other "entertainment" the Pinnacle ships have exclusively is the big screen at the lido pool.

For MYSELF, not having the Rolling Stones Rock Room makes a difference.  If I had to choose between Pinnacle and Vista my choice would be Pinnacle.  With that said we are sailing on a 16 day TA Vista in May. It was too good of a deal to pass up and we need to get to Europe. After this sailing nothing booked as we have realized cruising is no longer our vacation of choice.  We've been cruising since the 80's and have done 70 plus cruises so it has been a good run.

• Like 1

Just an FYI for anyone that sailed on this ship.  My husband started feeling bad on Saturday. I started feeling badly on Sunday evening.  I think you all know where this is going.  He tested positive on Monday and I did this morning.  This is the second time for both of us, so I hope it will be a little easier this go round. Again, just an FYI in regard to passengers on this cruise.

10 minutes ago, Derbie said:

Just an FYI for anyone that sailed on this ship.  My husband started feeling bad on Saturday. I started feeling badly on Sunday evening.  I think you all know where this is going.  He tested positive on Monday and I did this morning.  This is the second time for both of us, so I hope it will be a little easier this go round. Again, just an FYI in regard to passengers on this cruise.

We are on the NS this weekend, and was literally just saying to my husband yesterday "you know, I don't see much chatter anymore of people picking up C...d on their cruises... "

Our last 2 cruises (Alaska and Norway) appeared to have an inordinate amount of sick folks and subsequent reporting of catching Covid (including us in Alaska), so am really hoping this cruise is a little tamer.

Hopefully will be a quick recovery for you both.

We sailed on the NS Thanksgiving cruise with a part of 14 family and friends. Our ages varied. I am a two star mariner and previously thoroughly enjoyed HAL. This cruise had many hiccups. Internet service was awful,  food service mediocre, activities were few. I dont consider sales promotions as activities. If you didnt want to color or play cards, which I could do in my home, there were only a couple of options. To be fair we did enjoy trivia and just being at sea relaxing. The ship itself is beautiful and immaculate. We loved explorations crows nest reclining and watching the views.  Sadly, our biggest parting gift was three out of our party tested positive for covid upon return  the next day. We were all fully vaccinated and thrice boosted. 

• Like 1

Yes I’m sorrry to say, Covid is here. We’re just off a RCCL ship and my husband tested positive for Covid. I have cold like symptoms but testing negative. We too are fully vaccinated and boostered  to the max. Last one this October. Cruised last year on NS when pre cruise testing was mandatory as were wearing a mask at all times except when eating. That really took away from our cruise experience but we came home Covid free. I think we prefer the mask and pre cruise experience testing but that’s our opinion as we’re both sick now. Good luck to all of you cruisers. Safe and healthy sailing.