Traveling with 2 toddlers

mimito4

Hi, you good, helpful people. We are traveling on Celebration Dec 11 with our son, daughter in law and their 2 kiddos, ages 2 1/2 and 4 1/2. They are wondering if they should take a stroller on board since the ship is so big and for when they go into ports to explore. We are all trying to pack very light. Would a stroller be that helpful and where in the heck would it be stored?

any other helpful tips for traveling with kiddos this age would be most appreciated. Thanks!

You can bring a stroller, but I usually leave my double at home and just bring 2 umbrella strollers. Usually don’t take them onto the ports since we usually just head to the beach, occasionally would use it around the ship, most helpful in the airports. 

• Like 2

The problem with strollers is that it is inconvenient, you'd have to use elevators exclusively or fold and unfold them every time you use stairs and either would get old real quick like. I'd bring a light one for ports (light umbrella but get one with very good wheels) but not really for use on the ship, just plan for the areas you want to hang-out in on deck and have a "home-base" area in each section. Pre-planning is key to avoid stress.

*For storage, under the bed.   

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

I highly recommend a rugged ("off-road wheels") umbrella stroller with a sunshade.  We used the Jeep Wrangler Umbrella stroller for about a decade (between two kids),  took it all over the place, including on several cruises, and it was till in great shape to pass on to my SIL for her two DDs.

Mine was an earlier generation (Circa 2003) and looked like this:

BlueJeep Wrangler Sport Single Umbrella Stroller Yellow Vintage 2003 | eBay

The double, pivoting wheels with good tread, the sunshade, and onboard storage (in this case, saddlebags) are essential.  It folds up easily and compactly (like all umbrella strollers), and can be leaned in a corner of the cabin, out of the way when not in use.

My youngest in her stroller on a cruise in in 2011(her sunhat is sitting on top of the sunshade) :

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb479/Delta_Hotel/Glory Day 4/mini-ND3_1569.jpg

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb479/Delta_Hotel/Glory%20Day%204/mini-ND3_1569.jpg

Edited by ShakyBeef
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, soozles said:

You can bring a stroller, but I usually leave my double at home and just bring 2 umbrella strollers. Usually don’t take them onto the ports since we usually just head to the beach, occasionally would use it around the ship, most helpful in the airports. 

X2 on umbrella strollers.  However, one reason for the big stroller is it could be a convenient nap place during an excursion day for the 2 1/2 YO. 

Edited by ldubs
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

X2 on umbrella strollers.  However, one reason for the big stroller is it could be a convenient nap place during an excursion day for the 2 1/2 YO. 

An umbrella stroller can serve this purpose as well.  Many a time has a toddler of mine 'conked out' in the umbrella stroller.  Just need to make sure the seatbelt harness is buckled so the kiddo doesn't fall out.  Also, some of the modern models have a reclining seat feature, so that makes it even easier.  No need for a full size stroller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1