Oh boy! Here we go..Round 1 with MSC Customer Service! What's the over/under on how many rounds it takes? Place your bets!

Georgia_Peaches

2 hours ago, mawvkysc said:

I agree. That’s why I’m so glad my concierge explained so nicely and why I felt comfortable calling him back. Now he will have my business in the future. 

Is he really a concierge for MSC or a Travel agent being disguised as a concierge?

I recently got a refund owed from 2020 using a high volume TA who has a rep. The rep had a way to get to the powers that be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Is he really a concierge for MSC or a Travel agent being disguised as a concierge?

I recently got a refund owed from 2020 using a high volume TA who has a rep. The rep had a way to get to the powers that be.

I clicked  the concierge button on MSCs home page and he called me back. His email address ends in msccruisesusa.com  

3 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I spoke with a "MSC Concierge" recently.  Very nice guy, but in short, he was a travel agent disguised as a concierge.

He did work for MSC, so perhaps he would have some pull in terms of getting things done, but in short, I'm 100% certain he was their in-house travel agent.

A bit misleading.  I don't think they should call themselves concierge, as it's not an accurate description of who they are.

11 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I spoke with a "MSC Concierge" recently.  Very nice guy, but in short, he was a travel agent disguised as a concierge.

He did work for MSC, so perhaps he would have some pull in terms of getting things done, but in short, I'm 100% certain he was their in-house travel agent.

A bit misleading.  I don't think they should call themselves concierge, as it's not an accurate description of who they are.

Yeah…they aren’t “concierges” per se.  They are customer service reps.  You’ll get a different one every time you call the number.  

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Yeah…they aren’t “concierges” per se.  They are customer service reps.  You’ll get a different one every time you call the number.  

The one who contacted me gave me his direct contact info 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I think it's more accurate to call them in-house travel agents, rather than concierges or customer service reps.

21 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I think it's more accurate to call them in-house travel agents, rather than concierges or customer service reps.

That’s fine with me. Call it what you want but he got the job done much better than the regular CSRs.