Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

This girl just came up to the Alchemy Bar beside me, and I assume that she was looking down at my phone while I was typing on Cruise Critic... She says "oh, are you Sid? I've been reading along with your adventure"... We talked for a bit, and she said she hadn't commented, but had just been "lurking". Of course I told her that I love the lurkers just as much as all the other readers... Hopefully, she'll chime in for real at some point...

Ramon is about to get his turn at the tequila mix off... (Actually, I'm drinking his drink right now, but I'm behind on typing) 

I can say that he knocked one straight outta the park on his first at bat!...

PXL_20221208_005626105.thumb.jpg.daf870b614e2b867a53393d0df256cd5.jpg

PXL_20221208_005631579.jpg

• Like 19

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm only two courses in, but I'm already ready to get out of here... The lady on my left (with the HEAVIEST Southern accent I've ever heard, and I'm from the South) hasn't stopped talking for five seconds the entire time I've been here. She even talks while she's chewing...

The two other guys to my right also haven't stopped for even a single second, and I'm nowhere near drunk enough to take it... I almost want to just ask for the rest to go... 

***I don't mind listening to people talk, I just can't stand hearing about gambling... It's something that's just foreign to me. I'm not judging people who do it, I just would rather not hear someone go on and on and on about it... 

On my Flight Sunday to Louisiana the lady in front of me was the same. She NEVER stopped talking, to the poor stranger next to her.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rtfnl said:

Sid between you and Greg I need to write a must order drink list from each bar and bar tender and whether you or Greg has it for my January cruise. 

Unfortunately, I can't provide the names or ingredients of any of my drinks other than the tequila. If you ever sail with the two Nikolas, just tell them to make you some "Sid drinks", they'll know what you're talking about...

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

This girl just came up to the Alchemy Bar beside me, and I assume that she was looking down at my phone while I was typing on Cruise Critic... She says "oh, are you Sid? I've been reading along with your adventure"... We talked for a bit, and she said she hadn't commented, but had just been "lurking". Of course I told her that I love the lurkers just as much as all the other readers... Hopefully, she'll chime in for real at some point...

Ramon is about to get his turn at the tequila mix off... (Actually, I'm drinking his drink right now, but I'm behind on typing) 

I can say that he knocked one straight outta the park on his first at bat!...

PXL_20221208_005626105.thumb.jpg.daf870b614e2b867a53393d0df256cd5.jpg

PXL_20221208_005631579.jpg

I'm the lurker you mentioned! It was great putting a face to the stories. Can't wait to keep reading along with all of your shenanigans for the week.

• Like 53
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, cm071907 said:

I'm the lurker you mentioned! It was great putting a face to the stories. Can't wait to keep reading along with all of your shenanigans for the week.

And, there she is!... Y'all thought I was lying, didn't you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 28

Miss Alabama just walked by. I could hear her from twenty five feet away, and knew exactly who it was... 

*** For the record, I don't have a single thing against people from Alabama. She just would not stop. I remember back when I was a kid, there was this puppet show at Six Flags called Buford the Buzzard. Remember, this was the 1970's wayyy before political correctness. He used to rip people from Alabama left and right, right there in the middle of the amusement park. He would say stuff like: "Georgia is the peach state, Florida is the sunshine state, and Alabama is the moron state. I can't even repeat some of the things he used to say in front of us "innocent " kids. The World is such a different place now, and not for the better...

• Like 23
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Batting next on the Carnival Celebration, Ramonnmnnn!... He hits a line drive DEEP and it's at the wall! HE SCORES!...

PXL_20221208_012318235.thumb.jpg.ea0f547e709510bde7547e0480bb1205.jpg

PXL_20221208_012322613.jpg

Remember the time you wore only your Carnival bathrobe to Alchemy? 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

I just saw the guy from last night who I thought was Cruise Life Rick... It's definitely not him. He's standing up now, and he's definitely taller than Rick... Not that Rick is short or anything, but it's definitely not him. 

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Once I was done at Cucina, I ran like the wind... Hopefully, it's still complimentary for those with anytime dining... 

Time for a drink.

PXL_20221208_004507208.jpg

First I have heard this, is Chibang and Cucina only free for your time dinning folks and not assigned dinning?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Batting next on the Carnival Celebration, Ramonnmnnn!... He hits a line drive DEEP and it's at the wall! HE SCORES!...

PXL_20221208_012318235.thumb.jpg.ea0f547e709510bde7547e0480bb1205.jpg

PXL_20221208_012322613.jpg

He scores?! How about "It's Gone! Homerun!" Come on guy, get your sports analogies correct! lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

First I have heard this, is Chibang and Cucina only free for your time dinning folks and not assigned dinning?

I'm pretty sure anytime dining is free for dinner, but assigned dining can only dine there after a certain time. Someone else probably knows better than me...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

He scores?! How about "It's Gone! Homerun!" Come on guy, get your sports analogies correct! lol

Oh, I thought everyone knew I wasn't a sports guy... When you live in Atlanta it's hard to be a sports fan after the Falcons famous meltdown at the Superbowl...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Oh, I thought everyone knew I wasn't a sports guy... When you live in Atlanta it's hard to be a sports fan after the Falcons famous meltdown at the Superbowl...

Lol makes sense now. Go Pats! Also love the proud 2A shirts...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

So, the drink arrived and I continued to wait. I didn't have anything better to do, but I didn't want to be there all day. Eventually, my fish arrived, but there was no seafood side. I just started digging in. To be honest, it did turn out to taste good, and it was a pretty decent size fish. The fish dish was $29 and the seafood side $10 extra. Hopefully it would eventually arrive. By the time it did, I was almost finished with everything else.

PXL_20221207_172213683.thumb.jpg.7cd0c47ad4c9c4771af22f82401eba1e.jpg

PXL_20221207_172218595.thumb.jpg.b545088aa03a603f9a3290d8ebe25f2c.jpg

PXL_20221207_172230113.thumb.jpg.1e88f36a3275eae3e5adc37544a85122.jpg

PXL_20221207_172245683.jpg

Ahh yes, the struggles of a Gringo in PR.  Waaayyy back in 1999 I once waited 25 minutes for a bud light.  It was my first cruise and we went to the new San Juan - it was clear me and my friends were not wanted in that area of town.

• Like 5