Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

On 1/4/2023 at 10:54 AM, Sadebud said:

Thanks @sid_9169!  Will be following the Prima review.  I'm very interested in your take on it as it is really the only NCL ship I would consider sailing.  And I have an interest in sailing it.

The Prima will be home porting in Galveston as of November of 2023 and it's sister ship the Viva will be home porting in San Juan when not in Europe with the exception of one sailing on 12/16/23 out of Miami.

The third ship in the class doesn't come out till 2025.  Did 11 days on the Prima last Halloween and another 14 the end of next month.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 5:06 PM, RoperDK said:

Lol, she is your "person" of the cruise.  You will now see (and hear) her everywhere.  It seems to always happen.  We give our "person" a nickname.  It seems like "Miss Alabama" is it for you.  Our nicknames are many times not politically correct.  It's so funny that we might not remember which cruise it was, but everyone will remember that special "person".

This is so true! We met a lady about 8-10 years ago on the Breeze/Dream, that we called Ostrich. She was this older lady, crazy as heck, and had a longer than average neck. Whenever she would look around, she would pop her head up like an Ostrich and look side to side. We met her the first night, and then we saw here everywhere after that. Dinner, shows, bars, everywhere.

Most hilarious thing ever was walking into a show looking for a seat. Out of all the people, we see her perched up, looking around. Then her husband walks by (not recognizing us) and talking to himself says, "There she goes again". I spit my drink out after that comment. I could only assume he thinks something similar to our thoughts, and I pray that we see them again one day on another cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 3:35 PM, Megan_Strick said:

Nooooo. You must do one! I enjoy these so much.

THANKS FOR A GREAT REVIEW. I loved following along with you cruise with all the great inf. and pictures. Takes a lot of time but you did a GREAT JOB. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks @sid_9169 for the great review. We sailed Horizon in February and I came here to check out some Celebration reviews, as I think we may try her next year. Read through all of @Saint Greg and your reviews. We are considering your itinerary,we seem to stick to southern and eastern cruises. No new ports for us, but you gave us some new places to explore. Did you need to take the ferry to get to the area where Juggies is located?

Do you know if your sideways cabin, turned out to be any bigger than a traditional inside. So hard to tell from the ship map, if the bigger or smaller cabins are actually that.  Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, familycruzinnewbie said:

Thanks @sid_9169 for the great review. We sailed Horizon in February and I came here to check out some Celebration reviews, as I think we may try her next year. Read through all of @Saint Greg and your reviews. We are considering your itinerary,we seem to stick to southern and eastern cruises. No new ports for us, but you gave us some new places to explore. Did you need to take the ferry to get to the area where Juggies is located?

Do you know if your sideways cabin, turned out to be any bigger than a traditional inside. So hard to tell from the ship map, if the bigger or smaller cabins are actually that.  Thanks

You don't have to take the ferry over to Great Bay / Phillipsburg, but it's quicker than walking... I'll leave the mystery to you to find it;) ... 

To me, the sideways cabin seemed slightly bigger, and I even booked the exact same cabin again for early next year... 

Thanks for reading!...

On 12/9/2022 at 9:03 PM, sid_9169 said:

I'm back in my cabin now, and pretty much done for the night... The earplugs are about to go in, and I hope that I can get to sleep in a reasonable amount of time. Insomnia is one of those things that you just can't understand until you've experienced it. Even with all the different things I take to help me sleep, every night is a crap shoot. Once I do get there, I'm hoping to go on some kind of adventure that can only be projected inside my head. If I could ever figure out how to convert my dreams onto the movie screen, I would overtake all the greatest Hollywood film makers with the twisted tales that only I can see... 

Good night, and I just want to thank you all again for being here.........

I truly know the beast that's insomnia, I take Lunesta w trazadone and most nights it's good, but if I wake at 2am and start thinking about work, it's over. I envy ppl who can go right back to sleep. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Just in case you're bored at work right now, join me over on the Virgin Voyages section of Cruise Critic for my fourth journey upon their beautiful Scarlet Lady!...

WOOHOOO I am #100 

• Like 1