Green Line

Ferndale Girl

There are three levels of preparedness for boarding.  When you get to the terminal you may see signs directing you to different color preparedness lanes. I say may because when I boarded in San Diego this week they did not have different lanes but other terminals I have sailed out of have had them. 

Blue Lane-  This means you need all or some information entered into the Medallion App or Online via desktop. Blue Lane is the slowest boarding lane/ preparedness level due to data entry requirements.

Yellow Lane-  Means all or most information has been entered but some aspect requires attention or an additional screening ( this was more common when all voyages required health questionnaire and Covid testing and vaccination cards reviewed)

Green Lane - This means everything is entered into the App or online via the desktop and your Medallion is ordered.  This is the fastest level of preparedness/ boarding lane.  When you check in you will only need to show your passport, answer the health questions and either show your medallion if you have it or pick it up if you ordered it sent there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

There are three levels of preparedness for boarding.  When you get to the terminal you may see signs directing you to different color preparedness lanes. I say may because when I boarded in San Diego this week they did not have different lanes but other terminals I have sailed out of have had them. 

Blue Lane-  This means you need all or some information entered into the Medallion App or Online via desktop. Blue Lane is the slowest boarding lane/ preparedness level due to data entry requirements.

Yellow Lane-  Means all or most information has been entered but some aspect requires attention or an additional screening ( this was more common when all voyages required health questionnaire and Covid testing and vaccination cards reviewed)

Green Lane - This means everything is entered into the App or online via the desktop and your Medallion is ordered.  This is the fastest level of preparedness/ boarding lane.  When you check in you will only need to show your passport, answer the health questions and either show your medallion if you have it or pick it up if you ordered it sent there. 

When I boarded the Discovery the Saturday before Thanksgiving I dont remember signs, but there were 2 on crowd control asking our color I mentioned Green and Elite and they sent me in a certain direction after I added that we didnt get our medallions and were told they were at the port.  After we got our medallions we were sent to the Elite pre-board area.

On our cruise on 30 Sep they had people at the door, I had my green lane printed out so they could see it, we were wearing our Elite medallions and they pointed us to a walkway where we proceeded onto the ship - no health questionnaire, no nothing - we were in our cabin 10 minutes later!

10 hours ago, Heyref said:

Is arrival time assigned by Princess?  Or do we request a preferred time (and how is that done)?   We are Ruby - nowhere near elite……

You select arrival times in the App. Go to Personal Information and Documents and towards the bottom of the page you will see Arrivals.  Times become available as soon as 59 days and I have seen them as late as 2 weeks.  If you don’t select an arrival time Princess will assign you one. However, I have never seen arrival times enforced.