Cyber Monday sale ending...what's next?

mackfam

Any idea if prices will change much when the Cyber Monday sale ends tonight? I know from experience with other cruise lines that often 'sales' are smoke and mirrors and the actual price you end up paying doesn't change much. I haven't much experience with MSC so wondering if I should rush to book something today or just wait and see what the next offering is. I'm considering booking several cabins for a family cruise in YC for which the deposit isn't refundable, the dates when everyone can go are still up in the air so reluctant to rush and book. 

Can a YC deposit be transferred to a non YC booking?

I am so confused by the current sale... I am looking at TG 2023 on Seascape.

The price for the all inclusive package when booking an inside cabin for 2 is $82/pp.

The price for the all inclusive package when booking a balcony cabin for 2 - $162pp.

What's going on? It's twice as much.

Inside cabin for 3 people - it's cheaper to book it WITH the AI package ($1,143) than it is without ($1,161).

AI package when booking a balcony for 3 costs $90 per adult and nothing for a kid. Or $60 pp.

17 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I am so confused by the current sale... I am looking at TG 2023 on Seascape.

The price for the all inclusive package when booking an inside cabin for 2 is $82/pp.

The price for the all inclusive package when booking a balcony cabin for 2 - $162pp.

What's going on? It's twice as much.

This can happen.  Inside cabins are far less inviting, thus there might be more incentives to book them.   Never assume that there is going to be the same $ spread for a package for Inside vs OV vs Balcony.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

This can happen.  Inside cabins are far less inviting, thus there might be more incentives to book them.   Never assume that there is going to be the same $ spread for a package for Inside vs OV vs Balcony.  

the problem I have is linking two bookings if they have different perks. Last time my parents and we had the same perks, but booked under different holiday promotions, so I couldn't link our bookings so we could dine together (we never got to sail so I never found out whether we could do that once we got onboard).

My parents don't drink and won't use wifi. I would get the AI packages for them for $80 pp, just so we could link, but the difference between balcony price with AI and balcony price without AI is $320 for 2. $162pp is way too much for people who will not even use the package. If anything, mom will buy a couple of coffees here and there, but neither of them will drink sodas, juices, alcohol, hot chocolates or use wifi.

But they HAVE to share a dinner table with us. They've never cruised alone and they don't speak English.

Oh, and on the April 2022 cruise the AI package price was the same across for 2 or 3 people cabins - $90 pp.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Can't you just go see the Maitre D' on the first day and make sure he seats you at the same table?

I don't drink alcohol, and I try to unplug as much as possible on vacation, so when I had to re-schedule my cruise I enquired, and I was able to use the free balcony upgrade promo (plus $200 obc), which worked out much better for me.