Is CPS parking back to normal re unloading luggage?

baw53

I did read somewhere a while ago they were short staffed due to covid and pax  were having to unload their luggage and use trolleys to deposit their cases for uploading to the ship.Have they now got enough  porters for this service now ? ( I have ensured there will be plenty of £1 coins at the ready) 

5 minutes ago, baw53 said:

I did read somewhere a while ago they were short staffed due to covid and pax  were having to unload their luggage and use trolleys to deposit their cases for uploading to the ship.Have they now got enough  porters for this service now ? ( I have ensured there will be plenty of £1 coins at the ready) 

I’m not sure the luggage unloaders are CPS employees. I think they may be port employees.

The porters at Southampton are not employed by CPS and as of early November on our cruise you were asked to unload your own car and take luggage to appropriate "hole" for your deck. I think there was a limited number of porters to help those that were elderly or disabled to assist with luggage.

Edited by majortom10

16 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

At Ocean Terminal in November, when our driver arrived, immediately a porter met us and we didn't touch our cases, they were taken straight away.

They also beat us to our room.

We were on the same cruise and when we arrived we were told by CPS representative to stay in car and somebody would soon be with us. After a wait of a few minutes our details were taken, she took photos of the car and ask for set of keys. When she finished she said please leave your window open and if you are able to unload your car and take luggage across the road to the appropriate "hole" for your stateroom deck and the staff would take the luggage of us. There were 1 or 2 porters about I assume you only help those who couldn't unload their own luggage due to being elderly or disabled. It worked very well and seamless with no problems. Anyone else arriving by taxi or any other means i.e not CPS will have differing methods.