copenhagen hotel

mrsdoc

We stayed at the Grand Hotel in August 2004 before sailing on the Grand Princess! The location was great. It was right by the train station and less than a block from Tivoli. I will admit it wasn't too "grand", but the price was right, the location was perfect and the staff was friendly. ;)

http://www.grandhotelcopenhagen.com/

Also try: http://www.arp-hansen.com/ (click the flag in the corner to get English).

Hi. We've stayed in both the Palace and the D'Angleterre and both are in good locations and only about a mile apart, if that. The D'Angleterre is probably the nicest hotel in the city and is in a good location near the Stroget (walking street) and Nyhavn (the old harbor that is the postcard for Copenhagen). You will pay for it, however. The Palace is at the other end of Stroget, closer to Tivoli and on the Town Hall Square. It is not as luxurious as the D'Angleterre, but should be less expensive. Both are old, however, the D'Angleterre is better kept and is a member of Leading Hotels of the World. If I was there for a week, I'd rather stay in the D'Angleterre, but for a night or two, the Palace would do.

We were on the same cruise last year. We stayed at the Sofitel, which is right across the street from Tivoli, next door to the train station, and diagonally across from the tourism office. Very convenient and great hotel. You should be able to get a good deal by looking around online.

I appreciate all the responses and so quickly. I have been on tripadvisor and all the various internet advisors, but I was looking for personal experiences to help make the decision. This will be a lot easier now,for which I thank you. Anne

My only experience with Copenhagen was last September. We booked our pre-cruise package through Princess and they had us staying in the Scandic Copenhagen Hotel. It was next to the planetarium and adjacent to the city lakes. It was very close to the Tivoli, but a bit of a hike to Nyhaven. We thought it was pretty nice....we were on an upper floor with a great view.

Take a look at The Square. This is a wonderful botique hotel within a block of Tivoli and within walking distance of almost everything. The best part is it's priced well. Copenhagen is a wonderful city. Enjoy!

We stayed at the one that Princess uses for its cruises. Think it was called the Radisson or Skandic not too sure but its the tall building in the city. All hotels are quite well located its a small city and its easy to get around to all the main attractions

Archived