Uber to Port Canaveral

Djford75

My question is do the Uber/Lift drivers get to use the shuttle line for entering Port Canaveral for Mardi Gras?  We have used shuttles in the past, the line for people dropping off with regular cars is always very long.

• 2 weeks later...

My DH drives for Uber and Lyft.  He frequently does trips from the Orlando International Airport to the Carnival pier at Port Canaveral.   The process is quick and easy for rideshare drivers.   You can also reserve Uber in advance via their app.  

On 12/21/2022 at 7:59 AM, Saturngrl said:

My DH drives for Uber and Lyft.  He frequently does trips from the Orlando International Airport to the Carnival pier at Port Canaveral.   The process is quick and easy for rideshare drivers.   You can also reserve Uber in advance via their app.  

What is the Uber cost to go from MCO to PC?

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

UberX - good for 2-3 passengers and bags - should cost about $65+tip

About right.  XL will run around $15+30 more.  It's the return that will hurt the most. Everyone disembarking at the same time causes heavy surging.  Have Lyft available as an alternative. 

5 hours ago, JohninDC said:

UberX - good for 2-3 passengers and bags - should cost about $65+tip

Thanks John, this is what I was looking for. Trying to decide to Uber of rent a car which would be about $165, we just did it on the 17th of Dec. Then dropping the car off at Budget was crazy, took about 45 minutes to do it. They only had 2 people working. Then it was a long wait for their shuttle to the ship.

Uber would definitely be cheaper.

51 minutes ago, Djford75 said:

My question didn't really get answered though.....does Uber/Lyft use the shuttle line?  The regular passenger line is always LOOOOOONNNGGG.

At Terminal 3 there's a parking lane and a pick up/drop off lane - that's the lane Uber/Lyft uses. I believe the shuttles go past the garage and pull up next to it. We've been dropped off there 4 times - 3 times by Lyft and once by taxi. The Lyft drivers dropped us off inside the garage in the pick up/drop off lane and the taxi dropped us off on the side of the garage where the shuttles pull up. And the parking people grumbled at her. 

On 12/29/2022 at 12:06 PM, Djford75 said:

My question didn't really get answered though.....does Uber/Lyft use the shuttle line?  The regular passenger line is always LOOOOOONNNGGG.

Good question, if anyone knows please answer, I may be needing to know in a little over a week.