LIVE: Ruby Princess Dec 18-29 Western Caribbean/Mexico

ceilidh1

On 12/15/2022 at 6:43 PM, ceilidh1 said:

As a bonus she stopped at Buccees and we stocked up on food, wine, and tacky souvenirs!

Thanks for the Live thread! I love Bucee’s!!! We just got back yesterday from a trip to NC and TN and found a Bucee’s to stop at on drive to Nashville. Had to pick up a couple Bucee ornaments for our Christmas  trees. Have a great trip and thanks for taking us all along. I’ve enjoyed your previous Live reports!

Looks like today would have been the first day to have spent time in The Sanctuary?  Cruising on the 8th our first 2 days are at sea but past experience out of Galveston in the winter tells me that I probably wouldn't want to be in the sanctuary lol.  I hate cold/cool weather!

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Thanks for posting that morning cabin service menu. I see 0630 is still their first time available. We usually go for that, I figure we'll have a good chance of our coffee and rolls arriving close to that time......few get up that early on a cruise!😎

Doug

5 hours ago, greener said:

can you please check the library.  is it sufficient or do i need to bring my own reading material?

thanks.

One word suggestion: Kindle, or another two words, Kindle Fire.

My wife used to bring 3-4 paperbacks on our cruises. I suggested a Kindle as a Christmas present one year; she declined. The following Christmas I got her one anyway, and she's never without one now! I eventually got one also although I don't read anywhere near as much as she does....I like it also! Especially with the threat of covid and quarantine, we load up about 5 or so books "just in case".

Doug

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

One word suggestion: Kindle, or another two words, Kindle Fire.

My wife used to bring 3-4 paperbacks on our cruises. I suggested a Kindle as a Christmas present one year; she declined. The following Christmas I got her one anyway, and she's never without one now! I eventually got one also although I don't read anywhere near as much as she does....I like it also! Especially with the threat of covid and quarantine, we load up about 5 or so books "just in case".

Doug

I never could get used to a kindle - I just love turning the pages of a book so I take several books and then see what the library has and then exchange them....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, milogurd said:

@ceilidh1  Are the Princess Favorites you could order every night no longer on the dinner menus? (Cesar Salad, French Onion Soup, Shrimp Cocktail)

They have been on the menu every night but just not tonight! Maybe because it’s formal night?

• Like 2

We decided to skip the dining room and went to Salty Dog instead. We have never eaten there before and likely never will again. So far, this has been the only “miss” in terms of food - ironic since this is the first upcharge restaurant. The server told us there was no reduction for kids, which is weird as we have always had 50% discount for the youngest in crown grill. No big deal.

5C93A609-3A7F-4FF8-9BA1-F3E0603C2255.jpeg

BD4A6F81-1F6A-4E45-9011-AE3303BBBD47.jpeg

2FF61774-FF61-4049-983B-0E057B1BB71D.jpeg

79708396-BCDC-4997-99F0-FA3FE44F40E9.jpeg

B6B96CA5-A4C9-41D4-BF56-A508E5CD8107.jpeg

7777B914-2DA6-40F0-8B8E-09BD1CA1D512.jpeg

80125BF2-8F29-4F34-AD4E-C88F7FD1BC9C.jpeg

26169A52-3314-4D12-96F6-A5A8169C1155.jpeg

ED43A6DC-5E21-416D-A32B-1D19B83DCF45.jpeg

757A7200-D893-42A1-9A7C-52F57E26B324.jpeg

• Like 8

The lobster Mac and cheese was bland and the lobster very rubbery. The poutine was ok but had way too much salt. The grilled cheese was good but the soup was strange - weird taste and consistency. The burgers were all inconsistent- some had cheese, some didn’t, one had spicy kimchi, the others had no spicyness. They tasted ok - but not upcharge good. The lemon dessert had the oddest texture but did taste good, as did the strawberries and cream and the coffee and donuts. Overall , there was nothing “wrong” with the meal but it was “meh”. I wouldn’t pay an upcharge for this place again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2022 at 12:48 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Arts and crafts today was a lifesaver ornament. 

F69309B4-7CBC-4B13-9BA6-3CC1F9F3A7FF.jpeg

E36B928D-7BB5-4DD5-B0D9-2E56695BD176.jpeg

Hi! I made this ornament and also bought the kit of 5 button ornaments. I'd like to buy additional kits. Did you save the package with the name of the supplier? (I was on the Sapphire in September.)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

There is definitely something wrong with room service/ ordering. The orders just sit at preparing for hours

Had that same problem with the app when I tried to order room service. Never got my orders. Only able to get my morning coffee delivered by putting paper room service request on door know, old school. This was on the Thanksgiving Royal Princess 4 night out of SF. We weren't only ones, heard lots of people complain. We chalked it up to ship being at 109% capacity.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OceanDreaming2 said:

Hi! I made this ornament and also bought the kit of 5 button ornaments. I'd like to buy additional kits. Did you save the package with the name of the supplier? (I was on the Sapphire in September.)

It’s manufactured by 3birdsdesign.com

14 hours ago, eclue said:

I never could get used to a kindle - I just love turning the pages of a book so I take several books and then see what the library has and then exchange them....

Ha, those are the EXACT words my wife used before I got her a Kindle. You are in good company though; my sister feels the same way and my father did also. Actually, I did also until I saw how convenient the Kindle was.....now I have one Kindle and three Fires.😎

Doug

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Ha, those are the EXACT words my wife used before I got her a Kindle. You are in good company though; my sister feels the same way and my father did also. Actually, I did also until I saw how convenient the Kindle was.....now I have one Kindle and three Fires.😎

Doug

I was given a kindle and did not like using it.....just love turning the pages. LOL

• Like 2