cruise cabins for four.

4774Papa

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

When we had 2 Pullmans as shown we split the regular/Lower bed making it into 2 Bunk Beds. Lot more room walk around and between this way

True, but I spend more hours sleeping, as opposed to walking around in the cabin, so I prefer them together so I can cuddle with my sweetheart each night . Not to mention that when the kids are in the kid’s club, it’s um, more comfortable when there’s time for mom and dad! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

True, but I spend more hours sleeping, as opposed to walking around in the cabin, so I prefer them together so I can cuddle with my sweetheart each night . Not to mention that when the kids are in the kid’s club, it’s um, more comfortable when there’s time for mom and dad! 

First Cruise with Kiddies, 8, 5 and 2 along with Mom/Me we all used the 2 Bunk Beds. Mom and 2yr old in one, 8yr old was booked in with GMA was stayed with us. In OV we had nice view and space between them. Back in the 90s was hard get 4pass cabin let alone 5

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, lilyhammer said:

The family cabins that hold 6 are great options, but there are not that many on each ship and they tend to sell out fast.

I have found that those large rooms cost even more per person than it would for 2 separate connected rooms.  I think the 5 or six person rooms have, at best, 1 1/2 bathrooms if I recall correctly. 

I'm not knocking 5 or 6 person family rooms.  They can be cool with the little nooks for some of the beds and maybe a larger "living room" central area.  However we've always appreciated having two full bathrooms to get ready in the morning and before our evening meals, and the extra savings can go towards other fun things.

Dan

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

Still, if he wants to do the beach  house, we will go and enjoy the family company.

cruising is so much more fun. Our family is a lot like yours - we are in our 40, one kid, my parents are in their 70s. They love cruising with us. Since we only have one kid, one cabin is all we need.

That said, sometimes two cabins with 2 people in them are cheaper to book than a cabin for 4. You really have to check all the prices before booking.

• Like 1

Going with a suite is obviously going to give you more square feet of living space, especially if you get a 2 bedroom suite.  But, as you said, it does come with a significant upcharge.

We cruised on the Independence of the Seas a couple/few weeks ago.  We got the "Spacious" Ocean View Balcony.  I'm not sure what was meant by "Spacious".  Yes, on paper the square footage is a little larger.  But, it isn't visually noticeable.  There is what looks like a curtain in the advertising pictures that separates the living room from the bedroom but don't let that fool you, the curtain is only about 3 feet long and there isn't a track to pull it across the room, anyway.  So, there is no privacy between the living room and the bedroom.  

Having said all that, I think 4 people in a cabin capable of sleeping 4, especially if 2 are young, isn't much of a problem.  We've done it and it was just fine.  

Just be cautious if you have a grandson like mine.  Man that kid can stink up a room :classic_biggrin:, fast and often.