Shore Excursions on Jan 13 Navigator of the Seas

loris1021

We are booked on the Mexican Rivera January 13th Navigator of the Seas sailing. We received an email a while back that they were adjusting our itinerary (which was just change in the arrival and departures times in the ports). Pretty quickly thereafter the shore excursions for all ports except Puerto Vallarta disappeared from the website.  Then, only a few tours were listed for PV.  Does anyone know or have called RCCL to see why they have no tours available for Cabo or Mazatlan?

Just my personal opinion and lot's of experience with these ports.

There will be many vendors offering excursions when you disembark. You'll do much better opting for these than a ship booked excursion.

9 hours ago, loris1021 said:

We are booked on the Mexican Rivera January 13th Navigator of the Seas sailing. We received an email a while back that they were adjusting our itinerary (which was just change in the arrival and departures times in the ports). Pretty quickly thereafter the shore excursions for all ports except Puerto Vallarta disappeared from the website.  Then, only a few tours were listed for PV.  Does anyone know or have called RCCL to see why they have no tours available for Cabo or Mazatlan?

Hi, Rainey here. We're on the same cruise and just booked the Cabo boat excursion @ $59 pp. It was originally shown as a 9 a.m. departure so that's why it disappeared before. Now at 1 p.m. I'm checking daily to see if more excursions show up. With the way things are these days, we are also choosing to stay with Royal excursions. Only 32 days to go!

2 hours ago, peacefulOR said:

Hi, Rainey here. We're on the same cruise and just booked the Cabo boat excursion @ $59 pp. It was originally shown as a 9 a.m. departure so that's why it disappeared before. Now at 1 p.m. I'm checking daily to see if more excursions show up. With the way things are these days, we are also choosing to stay with Royal excursions. Only 32 days to go!

Not sure I understand "with the way things are these days"...is there something you're concerned about with these ports ?

14 hours ago, peacefulOR said:

Thanks!  I know I saw that one tour too.  We've done this route about 10 times, so super familiar with the ports, I know last time on this route in September for Cabo because of the tender situation if you didn't have a RCCL purchased tour, it took hours to get a tender ticket and actually get off the boat, so was considering doing one this route.  

Also love going to Las Caletas in PV, but it isn't being offered this time.  Oh well, we'll find something else to do. Just seemed weird, such a money maker for RCCL, so you think they'd offer more. 

22 hours ago, Ashland said:

Not sure I understand "with the way things are these days"...is there something you're concerned about with these ports ?

I've been to Mexico many times (by ship, air, and cruises) and have done lots of independent excursions on my own with no problems. From what I've been reading lately on travel advisories, there are more warnings about being cautious when traveling, even in popular tourist areas. Also, I have read that it's faster to get ashore if you are booked on a ship-arranged excursion. No big scares, just more cautious as I age. Most independent excursions are still safe, I'm sure, and certainly less expensive.