Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

3 minutes ago, Shone216 said:

Spoken to Princess and we have to pay the charge of $180, it will then be refunded once on board. As we’re on April 27th sailing Iam tempted to cancel and book when on board…anyone else been advised of the same

My experience is that Princess refunds in the form of OBC.  Not to your credit card.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2024 at 9:47 AM, Shone216 said:

Spoken to Princess and we have to pay the charge of $180, it will then be refunded once on board. As we’re on April 27th sailing Iam tempted to cancel and book when on board…anyone else been advised of the same

Usually if you book in advance and cancel more than 5 days before departure it will get refunded to original source of payment. Once you are passed that 5 day point the accounts are handled by the ship and refunds are in the form of refundable obc.

• Like 2

Restaurant reservations have opened for our sailing (I have been checking frequently and today is the first day).  If I have a party of 2, I can get into all the restaurants.  My party of six- the only thing I can get into is 9pm at the main dining room- not a single time slot in the specialties.  I really hope this is a glitch.

wooot woot!  Assuming she departs on time, less than 24 hours until she heads to sea for the first paying passenger cruise!  and a painful nearly 7 months until I sail on her.

Looking forward to guest pictures, comments and reviews.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, susieq76 said:

Restaurant reservations have opened for our sailing (I have been checking frequently and today is the first day).  If I have a party of 2, I can get into all the restaurants.  My party of six- the only thing I can get into is 9pm at the main dining room- not a single time slot in the specialties.  I really hope this is a glitch.

when is your sailing?

So exciting, less than 24 hours now! I can't wait to see people's posts from on board. Hopeful for some info on the Sanctuary too as I'm not sure whether to make a run for bookings on my March sailing. It'll be information overload soon!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dides said:

Another Dome reel but now showing to the day and night transformation

I didn't realize that the Dome pool is half indoors and half outdoors.

image.thumb.png.9b076c68573b5509e91f8f0e4cd600e3.png

Edited by chamima

Just booked a reservation (table for 2) for Dario the Butcher's restaurant. Subsequently I read that the meals are served family style. Not sure if these two pieces fit. Looking forward to reading restaurant reviews starting tomorrow. On a related matter, has anyone seen a menu for Darios?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pixelskaya said:

Has any of you seen videos of the gym? I loved working out every day on the Enchanted Princess with those views and I’m intrigued about the new location.

Following for the same answer....and track!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, susieq76 said:

My family is seeing the same thing for our May 25th sailing.  I have a family of 5 with 3 kids so not sure how to split up.

25 minutes ago, plethera1 said:

My family is seeing the same thing for our May 25th sailing.  I have a family of 5 with 3 kids so not sure how to split up.

Just talk to the maitre d' on the first day of your cruise. I'm sure they'll have seating for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, plethera1 said:

Yes, it only seems like up to tables of 4 are available...  

8 hours ago, Shone216 said:

We have premier package and the app shows 2 free speciality restaurants but I’ve just booked one and my credit card has been charged ..hopefully this will be rectified

This happened to me yesterday as well when I booked Butcher Block. I thought initially there would just be a "hold" on my card, but I checked with the bank today and I had been charged $90 even though I have the premier package. I did online chat with Princess today and after 45 minutes of chatting and frustration, the person told me they cancelled the reservation and my card would be credited. Apparently there is a glitch and the person will "escalate" it to their managers since they could see that I did in fact have the premier package and shouldn't have been charged. Then they tried to upsell me on a future cruise. I told them I was still a bit upset over my 4 days notice of cancellation on the Feb 18th cruise I was originally booked on. They are just lucky I rebooked for May. I had to use my airline credits from my cancellation or I would have lost them... On a different note, the ship does look beautiful and I am happy for those embarking tomorrow.

• Like 1

A race to the Stars?   Two ships, with the name Star, with inaugurals in August, 2025?  Looks like Royal Caribbean gave more notice of their delayed inaugural sailing, according to this……

Delayed by 2 weeks

While we're working hard on completing our newest Icon Class ship, Star of the Seas, and after a review of the work that remains to be done, we're unfortunately forced to delay the ship's delivery date. As a result, we must cancel our inaugural 7-Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day August 17th, 2025 sailing.

We're truly sorry for the impact that this delay has had on your clients vacation plans. The time and effort your clients took to plan their cruise is important to us, so we've put together some alternate options that we hope will work for your clients and those in their party.

Option 1: Automatically move to the NEW Star of the Seas inaugural sailing departing on August 31st, 2025. This is the first ever Star of the Seas sailing, and we want your clients to be a part of it!

• Like 1

We sail on Sun in January 25 but have been eagerly awaiting the inaugural as if I were booked myself.  Can’t wait for the reviews, hopefully Live From, and first hand feedback. Bon Voyage to all of you setting sail tomorrow and the coming weeks! 

• Like 2

I am beyond excited for tomorrow and I don’t sail until April. I hope the first cruisers enjoy their vacation and don’t feel obligated to us. (But if anyone wants to post videos/pics/reviews we wouldn’t be upset. 🤪). I embark on April 8th and will help where I can but not at the detriment of my vacation.

• Like 5

It’s 6:30 am on a rainy morning in Civitavecchia on 2/28/2024, but the Sun Princess is waiting rise for her inaugural cruise in just a few hours. We are ready to board and bring you as many videos as you can stand to watch!😂 Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/@rexdillinger?si=je6drrDl8-8r80ME so you don’t miss anything.

IMG_1040.jpeg

IMG_1041.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

On 2/26/2024 at 8:22 AM, lstone19 said:

Dining reservations have opened for more cruises. We're on Sun Princess starting Apr 27 and I was just able to reserve.

Can confirm, just booked all of my main dining reservations for our May 25-June 1 sailing.

• Like 4

To everyone sailing tomorrow, have a great trip! Can't wait to see all of the photos and videos. But your priority is to enjoy every moment, we can (not so patiently, haha) wait!

I think I'm most interested to see the difference in the views/setup for deck 6 vs deck 7 in the MDR. Just so I know what to book! I'm all about those window seats and great views.

• Like 2