Capetown docking

gcorgain

Hi,

We're on the Jan 5th sailing from Capetown. I signed up for my boarding pass and the only time slot available was at 11:30am. Is there any reason I couldn't go check in, maybe have lunch, and then get off? The ship doesn't leave until 9pm and it might be nice to see a little more of CapeTown.

Also, I'm staying at the Table Bay in the V&A waterfront. Does anyone know where Regent usually docks? It looks like it might be walking distance if they dock where I think they might.

Thanks!

We have stayed at the Table Bay hotel when a Cunard ship was docked.  It was walking distance to the marina where all the restaurants, cafes, shops etc are located.  I suspect (and hope) it will be the same for Regent/you.

Table Bay Hotel is fabulously located.  If time permits the HOHO bus takes you on some great routes.  Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Regards

49 minutes ago, gcorgain said:

Also, I'm staying at the Table Bay in the V&A waterfront. Does anyone know where Regent usually docks? It looks like it might be walking distance if they dock where I think they might.

Your hotel is in a great location.  There is a Capetown Cruise Terminal that is not far away.  However, it is a bit complicated to get there from your hotel.  It is walkable but with luggage it is or may be difficult. There are a lot of twists and turns and some steps.  Just take a taxi for a five minute ride (@300Rand) or walk for 30 minutes.  Other thing to factor is that it might be hot that day.  Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks! It is a Regent paid stay that includes a transfer to the ship, so I'm sorta hoping that they can handle the luggage and we can go explore in the morning and just show up at the ship. We can play it by ear and hopefully it works out.

My Boarding Pass was emailed yesterday. Ship is scheduled to be at Duncan Dock Berth E. Table Bay Hotel is lovely. Wish I was staying there. Unfortunately, the 3-day land package accommodations are at the Cullinan Southern Sun (ugh!) See you onboard.

Fiona

7 hours ago, Mahogany said:

My Boarding Pass was emailed yesterday. Ship is scheduled to be at Duncan Dock Berth E. Table Bay Hotel is lovely. Wish I was staying there. Unfortunately, the 3-day land package accommodations are at the Cullinan Southern Sun (ugh!) See you onboard.

Fiona

We did not like the Cullinan Southern Sun. Such a poor choice for Regent.

3 hours ago, Carol From California said:

We did not like the Cullinan Southern Sun. Such a poor choice for Regent.

We too are in the Cullinan Southern Star,  would you like to expand on why you don't rate it. 

I must admit my heart sank as I thought we were going to be in Table Bay Hotel. 

But it will be what it is. 

I am arriving on January 1 because of flight schedule. My TA requested extra night with Regent at the Cullinan Southern Sun, and they say Wait List at the hotel hasn't cleared yet. I'm glad my TA booked an extra night independently, but I guess that means I have to pay for the transfer from airport to hotel. I just hope I don't have to change rooms.