Tour Conductor Credit

vandercapellen

We have a group booked for April and there is a TC credit. When will that show up on the booking? Can we use that for purchases like cheers packages etc prior to boarding like standard OBC? Will that show up once we board? Once we check in? After final payment? Any guidance is appreciated.

35 minutes ago, groundloop said:

What in the world is a "tour conductor" credit?

If it's similar to an on-board credit offered by a travel agent as a perk it will appear on your account once on the ship.

This is an OBC offered by Carnival. It is the Average of the cost of the cabins of the rest of the group. We are getting an OBC from Canival for the rate code we booked under ($50 per cabin), OBC from carnival for a perk of being in the group ($50 per cabin), then the person in charge of the group gets a rather substantial OBC for organizing the group. (Hundreds of dollars) 

The $50 we get from the rate code is already available, the next $50 and the Tour Conductor credit will be along at some point, just not sure when.

2 minutes ago, vandercapellen said:

This is an OBC offered by Carnival. It is the Average of the cost of the cabins of the rest of the group. We are getting an OBC from Canival for the rate code we booked under ($50 per cabin), OBC from carnival for a perk of being in the group ($50 per cabin), then the person in charge of the group gets a rather substantial OBC for organizing the group. (Hundreds of dollars) 

The $50 we get from the rate code is already available, the next $50 and the Tour Conductor credit will be along at some point, just not sure when.

I think you should call Carnival.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vandercapellen said:

We have a group booked for April and there is a TC credit. When will that show up on the booking? Can we use that for purchases like cheers packages etc prior to boarding like standard OBC? Will that show up once we board? Once we check in? After final payment? Any guidance is appreciated.

From my training knowledge, I believe it’s available once on board. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/19/2022 at 11:42 AM, vandercapellen said:

Hi, did you do this as a travel agent or just a regular guest organizing a group?  Is it a minimum of 8 cabins?  I am guessing I should contact the group department to find out.   I am wondering which line is the easiest to deal with NCL, RCCL or Carnival

1 minute ago, jmsnyc said:

Hi, did you do this as a travel agent or just a regular guest organizing a group?  Is it a minimum of 8 cabins?  I am guessing I should contact the group department to find out.   I am wondering which line is the easiest to deal with NCL, RCCL or Carnival

I did it as a travel agent. I actually got back into being a travel agent because I couldn't find one that gave ne the service I was looking for. I had to relearn a lot. But I love it!

I am trained in all 3 of thise lines but I specialize in Carnival. I find them very easy to work with.