Paying it forward Happy Christmas

I have been trying to book the steakhouse without success when my TA told me I already had a complimentary one with my booking (I did not know)  so prompted by a TV programme last night I used the money I have 'saved' and bought a bail of hay for the flood stricken farmers who have lost everything and are not having a Happy Christmas; but a bail of hay will feed some of their animals.

Buy a Bail of Hay on Ruralaid.com  paying by Paypal is so easy   counting my blessings  lol

• Like 8

Great thing to do.

The company I worked with & recently retired from have been donating to Buy a Bale for several years now in support of the farmers. The donation is on behalf of our staff & our customers. 

Even though I'm retired, the company have asked me to arrange again this year - I still do some contract work for them. It is my job for today!

8 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Great thing to do.

The company I worked with & recently retired from have been donating to Buy a Bale for several years now in support of the farmers. The donation is on behalf of our staff & our customers. 

Even though I'm retired, the company have asked me to arrange again this year - I still do some contract work for them. It is my job for today!

What a coincidence.  I hadn't heard of Buy a Bale. 

I donate to CWA who give all the donation to rural communities (without taking any administration fees).

They give vouchers to people to use in their local shops so rural people in need shop locally.  They found when the banks go, people shop in the towns with the banks, and local businesses suffer.  I wonder what is going to happen now with even more banks closing throughout Australia. 

• Like 1

Dads family were all “on the land” Sugar cane, cattle, market gardens etc, so for years dad’s birthday and Christmas presents have been Buy a Bale. And maybe a flagon of Creme Sherry or a big bag of licquorice.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Dads family were all “on the land” Sugar cane, cattle, market gardens etc, so for years dad’s birthday and Christmas presents have been Buy a Bale. And maybe a flagon of Creme Sherry or a big bag of licquorice.

Your comments reminded me that all my relatives were on the land.  Apart from the big summer school holidays when we holidayed in the North, all my other school holidays were spent on farms.  Now they have all been consolidated into bigger farms.  

3 hours ago, windsor26 said:

I have been trying to book the steakhouse without success when my TA told me I already had a complimentary one with my booking (I did not know)  so prompted by a TV programme last night I used the money I have 'saved' and bought a bail of hay for the flood stricken farmers who have lost everything and are not having a Happy Christmas; but a bail of hay will feed some of their animals.

Buy a Bail of Hay on Ruralaid.com  paying by Paypal is so easy   counting my blessings  lol

Nice touch.

Yes, your old cancel/rebook from Royal Princess would have come with a specialty meal voucher, as that was part of the deal on the original booking. You can pre-book on the app with your dining voucher. At first it will show a price, but at the next step it shows the credit and 0.00 charge. Or you can wait till aboard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Your comments reminded me that all my relatives were on the land.  Apart from the big summer school holidays when we holidayed in the North, all my other school holidays were spent on farms.  Now they have all been consolidated into bigger farms.  

A lot of dads mob were around your old stomping grounds too.

Forgotto mention grandad ended up with a few thousand chooks to add to the list, and before taking up truck driv8ng dad had a market garden.

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

DH  just saw the receipt from PayPal and wants to know if that is what he is having for Christmas dinner  and can he have cheese sauce on it?

Like his sense of humour.  I think my girls gave me a goat ? one year.  I wasn't impressed.  I prefer our family custom of everyone making something themselves.  I know it is the thought, but let them give a goat themselves, not in my name!!  (Looking forward to my annual diary of family photos.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

DH  just saw the receipt from PayPal and wants to know if that is what he is having for Christmas dinner  and can he have cheese sauce on it?

Cheese sauce for the Cauliflower Gratin and Veggies is good, not sure about putting it on the spud and meats.