Fettuccine Alfredo?

L11

22 minutes ago, martinitime1 said:

It was on our menu for our TA on the Emerald ending 11/23. It is a staple for me as a starter, just a small half serving. It was automatic by our waiter. It is SOOO good. I will be crushed if it is missing going forward. It was the ONLY thing I had to have in the DR on the restart of cruising. If they want to rotate new items under the pasta area, Princess should absolutely add it to the "Princess Favorites" area.

We were also on that sailing. The menus seemed uninspiring to me so I ordered the fettuccine several times as an entree. They added chicken which tasted really good.

Princess and HAL do share some culinary development functions.

HAL has been trying Lasagna as its everyday pasta selection on some cruises. Certainly would not be surprising if Princess was testing the same.

I want my Fettuccini!   One reason it is such a hit, I think, is because most entrees are very very light on starch/potatoes/rice.

Why on earth would they do this?

Seriously,  when the one item on the menu that everyone recommends is a simple fettuccini, and you take THAT away.   Somebody is way way way out of touch.

And, those new versions of the classic desserts look, well, gross.

I do thnk that the red version of the heart might be something that was supposed to go along with the LOVE boat promotions.   But, even that.  Like, WHY?????

I don't know if any one on this thread realizes that the Fettucine Alfredo was a nightly staple on Sitmar Cruise Lines.  

Each night, the maitre d' wheeled his cooking cart with all the ingredients for the sauce into the dining room and proceeded to mix up the sauce and swirl it with the al dente noodles.  He then wheeled the cart from table to table to serve portions to passengers that wanted it for the primi course.

The fettucine was retained (along with the Neapolitan pizza and other Italian specialties) when Sitmar was brought out by Princess.

The abomination of the fried parmesan basket came along when the Princess was bought out by Carnival and the Carnivalization  of Princess began.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 10:57 AM, emeraldlake said:

They did have Mama's Lasagne on everyday.  It was OK but prefer fettuccine.  Princess seems to be making some odd decisions lately.

Definitely some odd choices, nice piece of Veal..supposed to be  Scallopini with mushrooms, and serve it on masked potatoes ..one tiny mushroom no sauce? 

Beautiful sliced roast beef that could pass as shoe leather, inedible, I could go on   but,,,

We are just off Regal Princess 8 day and I can only say that the food in the MDR was generally terrible.

Nothing like it was "post Covid" 

Better at the buffet, at least you could "try" things and fins something that was passable,,

**********Finished with Princess

15 hours ago, Homosassa said:

The abomination of the fried parmesan basket came along when the Princess was bought out by Carnival and the Carnivalization  of Princess began.

I want to say the parmesan basket arrived after CCL bought Princess. Though it also disappeared under CCL.

Edited by Coral