LAX-it Help Please

RumpunchGirl

So... I've been reading through as many posts as I can to figure out this whole LAX/LAX-it thing. I've been on the LAX website gathering info. This is how I am understanding how we get to our Long Beach Hotel. Please let me know if I have it right or give me correct info:

Flying in on Delta, which I think uses terminal 3. 

We go to Baggage Claim and get our bags. 

We call Uber or Lyft for a ride to our hotel.

We head outside to a green LAXit sign and wait for the shuttle.

The shuttle will take us to LAX-it where we will meet up with our ride.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

6 hours ago, RumpunchGirl said:

So... I've been reading through as many posts as I can to figure out this whole LAX/LAX-it thing. I've been on the LAX website gathering info. This is how I am understanding how we get to our Long Beach Hotel. Please let me know if I have it right or give me correct info:

Flying in on Delta, which I think uses terminal 3. 

We go to Baggage Claim and get our bags. 

We call Uber or Lyft for a ride to our hotel.

We head outside to a green LAXit sign and wait for the shuttle.

The shuttle will take us to LAX-it where we will meet up with our ride.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Yes...You've got it correct. Very easy to do.

Do NOT call for an Uber until you get to the LAX-it lot...You do not want the Uber to beat you there.  And, since there are constantly Ubers hovering around the area having just dropped someone off, they often get there in just a few minutes.  And, if they beat you there, they'll either charge you waiting time...or they'll just leave.

Also, Uber wuil let you know which location within the LAX-it lot you have to be at to meet your ride...and it may be a little walk from the shuttle drop-off...The signage is good, but you'll still have to locate it.  My advice:  Get your luggage, go outside and get on the shuttle, when you get dropped off at the LAX-it lot, click into the Uber App and arrange the ride, find the appropriate pick-up point, wait for your ride.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Do NOT call for an Uber until you get to the LAX-it lot...You do not want the Uber to beat you there.  And, since there are constantly Ubers hovering around the area having just dropped someone off, they often get there in just a few minutes.  And, if they beat you there, they'll either charge you waiting time...or they'll just leave.

Was going to say-- you are not making a reservation by hitting the button. You are calling the car in real time and UberX does not have a generous waiting period. I've seen folks there a few times confused as to why their driver cancelled on them any why they needed to request another car-- they hit it way too soon. 

Also worth mentioning that you can avoid LAX-it completely by using UberBlack-- it will cost more (sometimes its not a huge difference during busier times but during slower times it can be a big difference) but they will pick you up curbside and you won't have to use the shuttle. Some folks find the premium to be worth it, especially with lots of luggage, mobility issues, or if you are tight on time.