Starbucks on Escape? Gift Cards Eligible?

mpcaruth

I've seen numerous conflicting posts on here and FB regarding the Starbucks on the Escape. Can anyone confirm they have used Starbucks gift cards (or the App) for purchasing Starbucks coffee on the Escape?  Many have said yes, but others have said no because there is not a "real" Starbucks on the Escape.  The coffee shop just sells Starbucks coffee.  My daughter loves Starbucks frappuccinos, and has many gift cards, she would like to use. TIA

25 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

Odd, we were on Bliss last month and we had zero issues using starbucks gift cards.

never been on the Bliss but maybe that is a Starbucks? the one on the Escape doesn't say Starbucks just says Lounge Cafe and sell Starbucks products. I asked about using my gift card and cashier said NO.

2 hours ago, mpcaruth said:

I've seen numerous conflicting posts on here and FB regarding the Starbucks on the Escape. Can anyone confirm they have used Starbucks gift cards (or the App) for purchasing Starbucks coffee on the Escape?  Many have said yes, but others have said no because there is not a "real" Starbucks on the Escape.  The coffee shop just sells Starbucks coffee.  My daughter loves Starbucks frappuccinos, and has many gift cards, she would like to use. TIA

You can only use a Starbucks gift card at a real Starbucks. Not all NCL ships have installed real Starbucks stores. 

Lots of places display the Starbucks logo saying “proudly serve Starbucks products”. But they are not Starbucks stores. Heck, the Shell gas station down the street from my house “proudly serves Starbucks products”,,, and I would not call their coffee Starbucks. 
B7486481-8B3C-4B98-A7FF-717BEDCF701B.jpeg.5d73e5cddc4327ad2837da27b962a7d0.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You can only use a Starbucks gift card at a real Starbucks. Not all NCL ships have installed real Starbucks stores. 

Lots of places display the Starbucks logo saying “proudly serve Starbucks products”. But they are not Starbucks stores. Heck, the Shell gas station down the street from my house “proudly serves Starbucks products”,,, and I would not call their coffee Starbucks. 

Thanks!  This is what I have seen posted a few times.  But I still do not know if  the Escape has a "real" Starbucks?

Edited by mpcaruth

6 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

never been on the Bliss but maybe that is a Starbucks? the one on the Escape doesn't say Starbucks just says Lounge Cafe and sell Starbucks products. I asked about using my gift card and cashier said NO.

Ah okay, that would make sense. Thanks for clarifying that for me. Was not aware it was setup that way

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, jcollin said:

Does anyone have the "Starbucks" menu for the Escape?  Thanks

I don’t have the exact menu, but was on just before Christmas. They have the basic espresso drinks, cold brew, a few frappucinos, and tea. The syrups are only mocha, white chocolate, caramel, and vanilla.

9 minutes ago, jcollin said:

Thanks FLcruisergrl.  Similar prices to what you'd find on land?

1 hour ago, FLcruisergrl said:

I don’t have the exact menu, but was on just before Christmas. They have the basic espresso drinks, cold brew, a few frappucinos, and tea. The syrups are only mocha, white chocolate, caramel, and vanilla.

December Prima menu. Note that there is another sign that says "If you don't see your favorite drink, just order it". The Escape does not show a Starbucks on their deck plans. 

image.thumb.png.77dbcb1afecd8d1ab164b25d6d0b0d04.png

image.thumb.png.0a740a81e8adeece18db21932328e3ca.png

image.thumb.png.0345a52518b34f979c524af228dc30c7.png

image.thumb.png.64911101bb1901f77756dc100aef2c51.png

image.thumb.png.c929b2f9c8a7e86f84555a1821c3d485.png

image.thumb.png.88db296cf048675ac2e8381c0dbc4aee.png

image.thumb.png.4f229a0a4b963e2cb3eb8aeb15328b27.png

image.thumb.png.2ee6fb81de8d5561c687361aada2959b.png

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

December Prima menu. Note that there is another sign that says "If you don't see your favorite drink, just order it". The Escape does not show a Starbucks on their deck plans. 

image.thumb.png.77dbcb1afecd8d1ab164b25d6d0b0d04.png

image.thumb.png.0a740a81e8adeece18db21932328e3ca.png

image.thumb.png.0345a52518b34f979c524af228dc30c7.png

image.thumb.png.64911101bb1901f77756dc100aef2c51.png

image.thumb.png.c929b2f9c8a7e86f84555a1821c3d485.png

image.thumb.png.88db296cf048675ac2e8381c0dbc4aee.png

image.thumb.png.4f229a0a4b963e2cb3eb8aeb15328b27.png

image.thumb.png.2ee6fb81de8d5561c687361aada2959b.png

The escape doesn’t have a full Starbucks, so the menu is far less extensive than what is on the Prima. 

• Like 1

So answer me this Starbucks experts:

We went on the Getaway during Thanksgiving in the Haven, we also dined in Cagneys and Ocean Blue. Every night my wife and I ordered a double Starbucks Espresso that was on the desert menu. We would also order shots of Maloneys and Kahlua and mix them all together- we would even ask for a large cup. Never charged once for any Starbucks Espresso.

Then we sailed on Prima right before Christmas outside of the Haven and dined in 4 different specialty restaurants. Again we ordered the same after dinner drinks with the Starbuck Espresso- in Paloma I asked if there was a charge for the Espresso and the waitress said, "I'll take care of it, sir" and there was no charge. In Onda and Le Bistro again I asked and both times they said "no charge." Then in Cagney's I was told there was a charge for the Espresso and I simply changed the order to regular coffee and then still spiked it.

We are hopping the Escape (back in the Haven) soon so we'll see what kind of consistency we receive there.