Dress up tips for speciality dining

wcook

Throw a nice shirt in you bag at the last minute just in case. Importantly, do not check to see if shirt has shrunk during Covid (as so many clothes seem to have done.) Fill rest of bag with t-shirts and beach ware. 

Reserve a restaurant when you get on board, but don’t bother unpacking shirt. About 10 minutes before dinner, remember you need to dress. Find shirt at bottom of suitcase. Dig pants you wore onto the ship out of dirty clothes pile. Dress. 

Tell yourself “you look fabulous” but do not look in mirror to confirm. Have a wonderful  dinner. 

Edited by wcook
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

Pro tip - a sports jersey is not a nice shirt.  Neither is that sports cap.  oh, and those pocket t-shirts that holds a pack of cigarettes, they are not in style right now. But don't throw them out I heard they might be coming back.

• Like 1

rocketman275.

i imagine it would be ok, but try not to leave your footprints throughout the ship. i guess that would p**s off the crew. also, for the benefit of other diners, please wash your feat before applying the polish

by the way, i think we've beaten this thread/topic to death!!!

18 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This is the least fun dress code thread I've seen.  Most are MUCH more clever/humorous/entertaining.  I predict an early death....

Blame NCL and their Freestyle Dining. It's a slippery slope. Soon all of the specialty dining venues will have dress codes identical to the dress code at the Garden Cafe. Why would NCL do this? Because it would mean passengers could pack less, meaning fewer pieces of luggage to handle, which means less lost luggage, which means happier passengers, which means more demand for NCL cruises, which means they can raise their prices, which means more profit. That's why.

On the other hand, you, ChefMateJRK, are part of this thread, and any lack of cleverness, humor, or entertainment value is a reflection on not only the rest of us, but on you, too. 😝

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, YangtzeCruiser said:

Blame NCL and their Freestyle Dining. It's a slippery slope. Soon all of the specialty dining venues will have dress codes identical to the dress code at the Garden Cafe.

Don't all but LeBistro and Ocean Blue already have the same dress code as the Garden Cafe?

18 minutes ago, YangtzeCruiser said:

On the other hand, you, ChefMateJRK, are part of this thread, and any lack of cleverness, humor, or entertainment value is a reflection on not only the rest of us, but on you, too. 😝

Yeah, I'll concede that one to you.  I'm saving my "sunshine" for the serious dress code threads.  Those are the ones where folks are aghast that some would prefer comfort over pleasing the uptight crowd on a FREESTYLE cruise.😃  You know, the ones where people talk about wearing ties and such.  That's where I find solid amusement value.😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

JUST WAIT A MINUTE?!?!?!?!?! Are you saying my Tom Brady Patriots jersey isn't appropriate in Ocean Blue? 

Duh. You’d look like an idiot. Now a Buccaneers Brady Jersey, that’s a different story.  

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

dont feel bad, its only inappropriate because it doesnt have a collar

I could use duct tape and make a silver collar. Or a camouflaged collar. Or a pink collar. Perfect! 

Also, I could find a shirt where the middle buttons pop off, my midriff shows (just a teeny, tiny bit), and my arms look like giant sausages! But, it'll have a collar. Hehe

40 minutes ago, wcook said:

Duh. You’d look like an idiot. Now a Buccaneers Brady Jersey, that’s a different story.  

Hahahaha I agree with you! Not wearing a Bucs jersey either though. 🙂 

24 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I could use duct tape and make a silver collar. Or a camouflaged collar. Or a pink collar. Perfect! 

Also, I could find a shirt where the middle buttons pop off, my midriff shows (just a teeny, tiny bit), and my arms look like giant sausages! But, it'll have a collar. Hehe

Hahahaha I agree with you! Not wearing a Bucs jersey either though. 🙂 

Now I have in my head a man wearing a wrinkled V neck crop top (or a sports jersey) with a duct tape collar, a kilt, and fuzzy pink closed toe slippers.

Perfect for Le Bistro. 

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2022 at 6:25 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Don't all but LeBistro and Ocean Blue already have the same dress code as the Garden Cafe?

Yeah, I'll concede that one to you.  I'm saving my "sunshine" for the serious dress code threads.  Those are the ones where folks are aghast that some would prefer comfort over pleasing the uptight crowd on a FREESTYLE cruise.😃  You know, the ones where people talk about wearing ties and such.  That's where I find solid amusement value.😎

I haven't cruise NCL post-pandemic, but I think the last time I cruised NCL, the aft dining room required long pants. I often find the MDR a bit cool at dinnertime, so no shorts there for me. As for my fellow diners - whatever is comfortable and sanitary.

On 12/27/2022 at 11:10 AM, cruiseny4life said:

JUST WAIT A MINUTE?!?!?!?!?! Are you saying my Tom Brady Patriots jersey isn't appropriate in Ocean Blue? 

Ugh....this is just despicable.

And you're out of luck if you think my rally cap for Cubbies is every coming off my head.

Nope.  It's not.

Now, my "Second and 26" Alabama jersey is a different thing... 😉