When does Holland America usually post their upcoming Grand voyages?

islandwoman

When can I expect to see Holland America's Grand Voyages (other than the World Cruise) for fall 2024 ?   I would like to book the October 2024 Grand Africa out of Ft. Lauderdale.  If HAL is not going to do the Grand Africa in 2024, I'd like to see what other Grand Voyages might be offered out of Ft. Lauderdale during North America's 2024 summer or fall.   

17 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

How do I arrange to make one? 

If you normally book directly with HAL, then just ask your PCC to book it for you - which is what we did. Otherwise, any regular TA experienced in booking HAL cruises would be able to book it for you. . Once it's booked, it will show up on your HAL account like any other booking.

• Thanks 1

I'm guessing HAL might not do Grand Africa in fall of 2024. They will have done it two years in a row, and bookings don't usually hold for such repeats. I have my fingers crossed for another Grand Asia in fall 2024. I was on in 2017 and 2018 (latter with lower bookings -- good for me because I got a great upgrade). The Grand Asia's leave from and return to the same port on the West Coast (San Diego and LA most recently). They get in 2 weeks before the Grand World, and then do a Panama Canal cruise over the holidays to be in Fort Lauderdale for the GWV. But who knows these days?

On 12/25/2022 at 8:29 AM, islandwoman said:

When can I expect to see Holland America's Grand Voyages (other than the World Cruise) for fall 2024 ?   I would like to book the October 2024 Grand Africa out of Ft. Lauderdale.  If HAL is not going to do the Grand Africa in 2024, I'd like to see what other Grand Voyages might be offered out of Ft. Lauderdale during North America's 2024 summer or fall.   

They are doing the Grand Australia in Jan 2024...but out of San Diego

image.png.571ddf28b8fddfce5ec0e5919686bf43.png

Edited by Red Haired Lady

We really want to do the Grand Africa or something else out of Fort Lauderdale.  Couldn't do Grand Africa this year because we want to see the annular solar eclipse that will be visable in North America on October 14, 2023.

We have a HAL cruise booked for spring 2023 that we have to cancel.  I was hoping to transfer that deposit onto the 2024 Grand Africa.

Edited by islandwoman

11 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I’m very interested in the Grand Australia but CCL has announced they are selling one HAL ship and I want to wait to book until they name the ship being sold. 

I missed that announcement! I thought they had announced that CCL was selling 3 ships, 2 from Costa but did not specify the 3rd.

https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-intends-to-sell-three-cruise-ships-across-brands/90964

2 hours ago, Sea42 said:

I missed that announcement! I thought they had announced that CCL was selling 3 ships, 2 from Costa but did not specify the 3rd.

https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-intends-to-sell-three-cruise-ships-across-brands/90964

You might be correct. I'm certain I read that the third ship was one of the two remaining smaller HAL vessels, but I can not find that article right now which makes me suspicious that it might have been just another rumor (sorry).

I know CCL plans to sell older/smaller ships but I believe that there are still several ships meeting that criteria spread across the CCL umbrella. Given they keep adding ships to Carnival, it also makes sense they would downsize  by eliminating another older carnival vessel.

On the conference call they were specific that these three ships were being sold not scrapped so someone is buying. I'm very interested to learn just who that someone is :). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Are you suggesting that the ship that Holland America uses for the Grand Africa (in 2023 the Zuiderdam) might be sold and therefore the Grand Africa will not sail beginning in 2024?

The entire cruise industry continues to change in response to tremendous financial pressure. I don't think any cruise is a 'for sure' sailing, especially into 2024.

My personal opinion is that cruisers should remain flexible.