Pre-Booking Entertainment

mscloyd

Just sharing information here. I kept reading that you could pre-book entertainment at 90 days but it still wasn't available. I called NCL and was told that they stopped Pre-Booking during covid and have not resumed it.

2 hours ago, mscloyd said:

Just sharing information here. I kept reading that you could pre-book entertainment at 90 days but it still wasn't available. I called NCL and was told that they stopped Pre-Booking during covid and have not resumed it.

Yes. Been that way over a year since the restart in August 2021.

With entertainment still being impacted by Covid, final show schedules are made shortly before each cruise. 

• Like 2

I understand you can book your entertainment once you’re on board. What I am confused about is if you can use the NCL app that has already been downloaded to your device?  Does the option to book change once you are onboard  to allow you to book the entertainment or is there a different app that you use?  Also, are you able to book the entertainment for your cabin and your relatives cabin at the same time or do they have to do it separately?   

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 8:29 AM, catsarealiens said:

my last few cruises you  could NOT book/reserve entertainment period (main entertainment).  It was all open seating.

Oh, this would be great. I waited in a very long line once to book shows on Breakaway. The ap wasn't working, neither were the touchscreens onboard.

I don't mind waiting in line to get ON the ship, but once aboard I've got better things to do! 💕

Entertainment is in a state of being reimagined on NCL. They have terminated certain cast that performed in the headliners shows. There are likely more layoffs ahead. It has recently been reported by NCL that they are "transition(ing) from operating in a "relaunch" mode to a steadier state of operations."  Their words, not mine!

I suppose there is no need to pre-book entertainment that may never be offered. It could also lead to disgruntled passengers when their booked entertainment is subsequently cancelled.

It could mean pay more, get less. Actually, if they eliminate shows, it would be pay more, get nothing,

Maybe the Broadway shows will return at some point with a general admission fee, say $20 or so. Priority seating for $50. Plus a 20% service charge, for our convenience. The entire cruise industry is being reinvented due to Corona.