Open Bidding for a Haven upgrade

JIMESOPUS

Just received an email from NCL stating that our bid wasn't high enough and that there will be an open bidding process for that cabin, also stated that there was 79 bidders. We have been in the past, rejected, accepted and never notified until after the cruise started but a first for this.

My question is this something new?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Just received an email from NCL stating that our bid wasn't high enough and that there will be an open bidding process for that cabin, also stated that there was 79 bidders. We have been in the past, rejected, accepted and never notified until after the cruise started but a first for this.

Live bidding has been mentioned before on the big upgrade thread.  It does not appear to happen for all cruises/cabins, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

This has been mentioned here on CC, but we sail multiple times a year and have never seen it. All seems very odd since the cruise line’s vendor is setting the minimum bid price and it is different depending on the cabin you start with. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

If it were me I’d decide the max I can spend and think the room is worth to me- then do a mock booking- if it’s in range call and buy an upgrade now rather than waiting on a lower bid.  I definitely wouldn’t get in a competition and lose sight of my bottom line or the value to me. 

• Like 1

Just curious, if someone does a bid upgrade into the Haven, are they entitled to all the benefits of staying in the Haven? I know at least one line *cough*MSC*cough* allows you to bid for a room in their ship-within-a-ship, but doesn’t give you all the services. 

19 minutes ago, wcook said:

Just curious, if someone does a bid upgrade into the Haven, are they entitled to all the benefits of staying in the Haven? I know at least one line *cough*MSC*cough* allows you to bid for a room in their ship-within-a-ship, but doesn’t give you all the services. 

NCL gives you all the Haven benefits if you win a bid to a Haven cabin. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

What cabin is it Jim?

1 hour ago, wcook said:

You get everything that comes with the room. You keep the perks from the original booking (free at sea). You don't get the extra points for booking a Haven cabin.

• Like 2