Live from MSC Divina 12/30-01/13

styles27

1 minute ago, estraro1 said:

We are awaiting embarking Divina. Got up at 3am to drive to the port, and with Diamond/C.ub Black status, expected to board at 11am.  It appears the ship is delayed by late disembarking, so now we wait. Not a good start. 

Have they provided any estimate on when boarding will begin?

6 minutes ago, estraro1 said:

We are awaiting embarking Divina. Got up at 3am to drive to the port, and with Diamond/C.ub Black status, expected to board at 11am.  It appears the ship is delayed by late disembarking, so now we wait. Not a good start. 

B2B and we’re still in line for immigration. Horribly disorganized. 

4 minutes ago, ABC XYZ said:

Have they provided any estimate on when boarding will begin?

No. We’re waiting in the hallway of the terminal. 44 of us need to go to immigration. 
Will never do a B2B on MSC again. This is by far the most disorganized mess we’ve ever seen. 

The word is it’s because there were so many non US citizens 

90% of pax on our sailing were non US citizens. Supposedly that is the reason why immigration is taking so long. 
Not sure I’m buying that. 

We haven’t moved in 30 min. 

An older gentleman who works for the port just told us that every person is being searched. They are doing a full inspection. Every article every bag everything is being physically searched. 

Edited by styles27

Just now, styles27 said:

90% of pax on our sailing were non US citizens. Supposedly that is the reason why immigration is taking so long. 
Not sure I’m buying that. 

As if the authorities wouldn't have had the passenger manifest days before.

Arriving on or wanting to embark ships from "distant foreign ports" this kind of very lengthy immigration prodecure has happend to me multiple times in US ports, especially Florida.

Is it really that difficult for the authorities in charge to schedule an adequate number of officers?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Will never do a B2B on MSC again. 

6 minutes ago, styles27 said:

An older gentleman who works for the port just told us that every person is being searched. They are doing a full inspection. Every article every bag everything is being physically searched. 

In how far is this MSC's fault?

Our immigration experience was the smoothest we’ve ever had. He stamped our passports and took our pics. Never asked us anything.

Once they took the B2B pax into the terminal they separated us into 2 groups US Citizens and non US Citizens. 

It played out like the people employed by the port had never processed B2B pax before. They were asking MSC reps where we should go and vice versa. 

Not sure why it was as disorganized as it was but hopefully they learned something and it will be a smoother transition for the next group of pax doing B2B. 

The terminal looked full.
Sorry for those folks waiting hours to board. I hope their cruise improves once they’re on board. 

1 hour ago, ABC XYZ said:

Basically two minute wait for security. Check-in about 15 min. Now waiting to board.

What was your read on the avg age of passengers waiting in the terminal? 
On the pool deck now and it is looking like a Spring Break crowd. God help us all🤪

21 minutes ago, styles27 said:

What was your read on the avg age of passengers waiting in the terminal? 
On the pool deck now and it is looking like a Spring Break crowd. God help us all🤪

There were quite a few families and yes a fair number of groups. I am younger looking myself but am definitely not a Spring Break type.

I tried to change tables but Generose only has four tables that are full for the first seating. I didn't want to change to second seating so am waitlisted with a high probability of not getting moved. I am at a table of six solo travellers - will see how that goes. 

Won't have wifi on board so once we leave port I wont be able message - but will try to find you to say hello 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABC XYZ said:

Basically two minute wait for security. Check-in about 15 min. Now waiting to board.

What time did you show up to embark?  I've heard of a few immigration issues when ships return from Columbia, so kind of planning for potential delay. We'll be in YC, so hopefully not too chaotic, but we might not want to get there too early.

35 minutes ago, mnpurple said:

What time did you show up to embark?  I've heard of a few immigration issues when ships return from Columbia, so kind of planning for potential delay. We'll be in YC, so hopefully not too chaotic, but we might not want to get there too early.

I definitely think our itinerary was the reason for such a thorough immigration process. 
Some older guests feel it is because of the problems with MSC’s cargo business that they’re being scrutinized   
Who knows what it is I just hope it won’t be like this on Friday when we get off. 

6 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I definitely think our itinerary was the reason for such a thorough immigration process. 
Some older guests feel it is because of the problems with MSC’s cargo business that they’re being scrutinized   
Who knows what it is I just hope it won’t be like this on Friday when we get off. 

I am sorry that happened to you. However, I do believe it is because of the stop in Columbia. I didn't get on until almost 4pm on embarkation day. I don't think it's MSC's doing, but Customs.

At the end of my 4 day cruise, I disembarked before 9, and got on the MSC shuttle to the airport. I was more than 4 hours early for my flight so I had to sit about an hour with my luggage before I could check in.

I don't guarantee it but I think you will find getting off on Friday will be very easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mnpurple said:

I got to the terminal around 1:50pm (was assigned 12:30pm).

• Like 1