A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

Silversea has a very nice selection of included excursions on their upcoming cruises that call at Cartagena.  The Classic Car excursion has been getting great reviews, and the Aviary shows some great bird pictures.  Hard to choose!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Silversea has a very nice selection of included excursions on their upcoming cruises that call at Cartagena.  The Classic Car excursion has been getting great reviews, and the Aviary shows some great bird pictures.  Hard to choose!

Indeed!  We are presented with some lovely options! 😁

• Like 1

Last night our excursion took us on an amble through a section of the Old Town.  The atmosphere was electric.  People thronging in the streets, enjoying the ambience and the having fun.  Here are a few shots from the street life.

DSC00412.JPG

DSC00413.JPG

DSC00414.JPG

DSC00415.JPG

DSC00416.JPG

DSC00417.JPG

DSC00419.JPG

We then stopped at a hotel for a roof top drink and nibbles.

DSC00423.JPG

DSC00424.JPG
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, mysty said:

I attempted to add photos from last evening's excursion.   Upload fails.  Not sure exactly why.  If anyone can suggest a remedy I would be very grateful.   Thank you!

Terribly frustrating.  Failed upload can happen for many reasons. None of which are your fault. 

I'm sure you have thought of this, but just in case.... If I'm thinking and not being lazy I will only upload a few pics at a time. More importantly if there is a narrative before the pics I upload separate. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, highplanesdrifters said:

Terribly frustrating.  Failed upload can happen for many reasons. None of which are your fault. 

I'm sure you have thought of this, but just in case.... If I'm thinking and not being lazy I will only upload a few pics at a time. More importantly if there is a narrative before the pics I upload separate. 

Thank you @highplanesdrifters !  This was not a challenge I wanted first shot this morning! 😅

5 hours ago, mysty said:

I had to find a work around.  I copied the post from my blog.  But then I had to prove I was human by answering a puzzle.   This has never happened before.   Interesting and a tad frustrating!

I get the puzzle from time to time, randomly.  Nobody seems to know who programmed that, but if affects everybody all the way up the chain.

And the right place to click?  Also random IME...

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I get the puzzle from time to time, randomly.  Nobody seems to know who programmed that, but if affects everybody all the way up the chain.

And the right place to click?  Also random IME...

Thank you @Host Jazzbeau!  I thought I had tripped a land mine! 😅

Today was our second day in Cartagena.  We did an excursion Panoramic Cartagena and Getsemani.  We were there last night and it was much less crowded today.

First stop was Convento Santa Cruz de la Popa.  The convent, cloister and chapel of Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria de la Popa are located at the top of Mount la Popa, in Cartagena de Indias, in Colombia.   Spectacular views of Cartagena.

DSC00428.JPG.b67d9f9f09f5efe3f5e8b1c26379bd15.JPG

DSC00429.JPG.17ca32a107dd876a8bee1dd6d718cef7.JPG

DSC00432.JPG.fbb6303a84a7a1b066c4ee154d364bdb.JPG

DSC00441.JPG.52575b243d60a0cc7ceaf43c806fef4f.JPG

DSC00446.JPG.7620417e211268a7c69320513ab4fdfc.JPG

• Like 7

Hi Mysty -  I have been away for a few days and just catching up.  It looks as though you are, right now, in a queue to go through the canal.  Will look forward to reading about it in due course.  I have never done it, but guess it takes a pretty long time, so lots of sitting in various places, drink in hand, to view the goings on.  I love your Christmas/New Year hats; I do hope you wore them, and of course that yours went with your outfit and jewellery.

A Happy New Year, and a continuing lovely trip to you and Myster.

Lola

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Hi Mysty -  I have been away for a few days and just catching up.  It looks as though you are, right now, in a queue to go through the canal.  Will look forward to reading about it in due course.  I have never done it, but guess it takes a pretty long time, so lots of sitting in various places, drink in hand, to view the goings on.  I love your Christmas/New Year hats; I do hope you wore them, and of course that yours went with your outfit and jewellery.

A Happy New Year, and a continuing lovely trip to you and Myster.

Lola

Thank you Lola!  We did wear them!  Even Myster donned his chapeau. 😁  Our estimated time for arrival at the Gatun Locks West Lane is 8:30 am.

Currently sailing Gatun Lake.  Some photos...

Last night's sky.....

DSC00468.JPG.7cd1954fcfbfd88d3a74c45a3b490966.JPG

Bridge on Atlantic side of Panama Canal.

DSC00471.JPG.730f46f173c07508cadbe271b58b4056.JPG

First part of Gatun Locks.

DSC00474.JPG.c7415ab9b8a3c95bd83d1457aeb08cb7.JPG

DSC00475.JPG.8a0cce3c041a8fc0af6e103a1f832b77.JPG

Gatun Lake.

DSC00476.JPG.0d44a460018bd3be961f4a70c7858212.JPG

Approximate time of arrival at Miguel Locks/East Lane is 1:40 pm.  Approximate time of arrival at Miraflores/East Lane is 3:05 pm.

• Like 8