carambola beach

cary1306

thinking of going to beach and wondering anyone go recent?  have been and reef bar was good once then next time not good as hurricane game up up coast 7 years ago. how much is taxi or can you get there another way?? when I went we did a tour then they dropped us there,and only want to go to beach this time

We have been there twice by taxi.  Last time was march 22.   I'm sorry but I can not remember exactly how much we paid per person.  I think it was $10 each way and probably cost us around $60 round trip.   There was 3 of us and he came back and got us at a time we asked.    At carambola it cost $10 each for chair and umbrella, facilities included and wifi.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 3:55 PM, kj_connections said:

Is there a fee to use the beach or just the chairs?  I don't need a chair or umbrella so can I just enjoy the beach for an hour or so?

From memory, think the entrance for Towels only was $5/6pp and a bed was $10

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone, does anyone have any other insight or intel regarding Carambola beach? For example how is the beach, the location, amenities, the water, etc. Basically, just want to know if it's worth booking an excursion to Carambola beach. Thanks in advance.  

1 hour ago, Jayhoaps said:

Hello everyone, does anyone have any other insight or intel regarding Carambola beach? For example how is the beach, the location, amenities, the water, etc. Basically, just want to know if it's worth booking an excursion to Carambola beach. Thanks in advance.  

It’s a T’erd destination….
Do use the money possibly spent on a ship excursion and take a day pass at the Marriott.  Better ambiance, bars, food etc, secure and no T’erds.
Book direct with Marriott in advance or follow the TTE Protocol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/26/2023 at 6:33 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Thanks for all the feedback and information, and for the links. I truly appreciate it at this time. Thanks again. 

On 7/26/2023 at 5:04 AM, Jayhoaps said:

We gone there 3 times now.   We didn't do a cruise excursion though. We just went on our own so I'm not sure about if you have better pricing through the ship.  We liked being able to stay and leave when we wanted too.   It was $30 for 2 chairs and an umbrella, that included wifi. 

We got a taxi from the port.  They are regulated and I think it cost us $25 for 3 of us.  We arranged for him to come back at a certain time for us. It wasn't a long ride...maybe 15/20 minutes??

They had a bar & restaurant there.  There was no minimum or anything for food.  We didn't eat this last time but ordered drinks. I attached the menu.  Nice restrooms and showers for use. 

The beach was nice.  It had a slight incline when we were there.  There are 2 other little small beach bars that you can walk to...shipwreck beach and discovery beach.  We would definitely go back again.  Check on what ships will be in port with you that day.  

0116b4058b0c4905efef1ec54ac9506a5a360dcbb3.jpg

01ed6e9f75221c6bda61db87d5aca20a0c7513d342.jpg

01c12881053e5a92da8c1faf0d2195cd494b2734e3.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wrunkles said:

We gone there 3 times now.   We didn't do a cruise excursion though. We just went on our own so I'm not sure about if you have better pricing through the ship.  We liked being able to stay and leave when we wanted too.   It was $30 for 2 chairs and an umbrella, that included wifi. 

We got a taxi from the port.  They are regulated and I think it cost us $25 for 3 of us.  We arranged for him to come back at a certain time for us. It wasn't a long ride...maybe 15/20 minutes??

They had a bar & restaurant there.  There was no minimum or anything for food.  We didn't eat this last time but ordered drinks. I attached the menu.  Nice restrooms and showers for use. 

The beach was nice.  It had a slight incline when we were there.  There are 2 other little small beach bars that you can walk to...shipwreck beach and discovery beach.  We would definitely go back again.  Check on what ships will be in port with you that day.  

Thanks for the reply. I greatly appreciate it and sharing the pictures. In regards of the beach, was there seaweed when you went? 

17 hours ago, Wrunkles said:

OMG!  It appears the ambience is worse now than many years ago.  It used to be a destination for genteel Cruisers, not now.

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

OMG!  It appears the ambience is worse now than many years ago.  It used to be a destination for genteel Cruisers, not now.

wow, that's really interesting.  I would love to see pictures how it used to be. Sounds even better.  We found it really nice there.  The ambience was very welcoming.  Everyone was friendly and polite.  We have always had a nice relaxing time.  We have never run into any rude cruisers but it could have been the ships we were visiting with.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wrunkles said:

wow, that's really interesting.  I would love to see pictures how it used to be. Sounds even better.  We found it really nice there.  The ambience was very welcoming.  Everyone was friendly and polite.  We have always had a nice relaxing time.  We have never run into any rude cruisers but it could have been the ships we were visiting with.  

Think genteel Country Club, where many discerning cruisers, holiday makers and locals all meeting up for conversation, to renew long standing friendships and take Lunch.  

Pre-lunch drinks (ED25 large and fizz), lunch (seated at tables) with wines, then digestifs and/or cocktails, all served in quality glassware, at large thick clean padded wooden sun-beds by discreet, friendly and attentive wait staff.

Gratuities were heavy.

Then some non-genteel people discovered it, thinking they were clever, launched their findings across many social media platforms.

T'erds etc arrived, driving the Lunch Club people away.  Revenues dropped drastically, so Carambola had a decision to make and went full Carnival, with monkeys, massage parlours, etc., etc., you name it, including pizzas, and fetch your own drinks in plastic receptacles.  This continues to prove very attractive to the masses (Hundreds), giving a much needed replacement revenue stream for the few that left.

On 7/28/2023 at 4:26 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

It was much nicer about 10 years ago before the cruise ships began running excursions. 

34 minutes ago, rjrpar said:

It was much nicer about 10 years ago before the cruise ships began running excursions. 

As TV personality Cupid Stunt used to say…. “All in the best possible taste!”

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

• 2 months later...
On 2/6/2023 at 3:26 PM, Joesantos said:

$25 for 2 including chairs and umbrellas great snorkeling from shore. Just there in January 2023 shared a cab ride to and from cheaper 

Does this include snorkeling mask and fin rental?  Thanks!

On 7/26/2023 at 9:33 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Perhaps you can help me figure this out.  I clicked on your link but could not find where one would book a day pass.. I went to the web site and got the same thing but just couldn't figure it out.  Have you booked a room there as well?  Thanks.  OCPAT

1 hour ago, OC PAT said:

Perhaps you can help me figure this out.  I clicked on your link but could not find where one would book a day pass.. I went to the web site and got the same thing but just couldn't figure it out.  Have you booked a room there as well?  Thanks.  OCPAT

There is no facility to book day pass from website.

We booked our day room direct in advance by telephone.  
But their room pricing is now fluid and pushing towards being considered a tad expensive.

Some just book a day room by telephone.

Many book by Email reservation@stkittsmarriott.com - Or Janice.Laing@stkittsmarriott.com.

They will reply promptly and happy to answer all questions including current pricing.

TTE Protocol is to just rock up, big smile, approach desk, flash cash, don’t tell them one is from Carnival (lie), take lift, press down, set up a bar tab, enjoy.

A day pass comes with the benefit of Hotel discounts.

• Like 1