New MDR menus yet?

9 hours ago, island lady said:

We had a wonderful wait staff team on both Serenade last month, and Jewel this month for both B2Bs.     

Yes, we had some good servings, some "eh", and a few bad (which I simply did not eat).  Waiter immediately offered to replace, but I declined.  I was on the "new menu tasting adventure".  😉 

Did you happen to encounter the change in the Tagliatelle? Mariner on Jan 6 sailing was still the old menu, and when I went on night 3 it was a cream based sauce instead of oil. I thought maybe it was a one off, and they had an ingredient shortage or something. Well last week on the Wonder it was the same with the new menu. I asked, and was told it was changed to this cream based sauce. (Not mentioned on the menu BTW) It was more like Alfredo w/ pesto. I like Alfredo, but have to be in the mood for it. 

Sad for me, as the Tagliatelle with a side of the garlic shrimp was my favorite meal in the MDR. Oh well.

12 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Did you happen to encounter the change in the Tagliatelle? Mariner on Jan 6 sailing was still the old menu, and when I went on night 3 it was a cream based sauce instead of oil. I thought maybe it was a one off, and they had an ingredient shortage or something. Well last week on the Wonder it was the same with the new menu. I asked, and was told it was changed to this cream based sauce. (Not mentioned on the menu BTW) It was more like Alfredo w/ pesto. I like Alfredo, but have to be in the mood for it. 

Sad for me, as the Tagliatelle with a side of the garlic shrimp was my favorite meal in the MDR. Oh well.

Yes.   The Tagliatelle is supposed to have sun dried tomatoes on it....and once again came with strips of pepper only (which I detest).  The peppers over powered the whole thing.   Was OK for Bucky, who loves peppers...not for me.   I don't mind the cream based sauce, but still could not taste it past the peppers.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Yes.   The Tagliatelle is supposed to have sun dried tomatoes on it....and once again came with strips of pepper only (which I detest).  The peppers over powered the whole thing.   Was OK for Bucky, who loves peppers...not for me.   I don't mind the cream based sauce, but still could not taste it past the peppers.  

Actually, I prefer the peppers as well.. even though I like the sun dried tomatoes too. The cream based sauce I will have to skip... oh well. I'm sorry they didn't have the sun dried tomatoes for you. 😞

15 hours ago, island lady said:

Both ways sounds yummy to me. I like peppers, mild and hot. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Actually, I prefer the peppers as well.. even though I like the sun dried tomatoes too. The cream based sauce I will have to skip... oh well. I'm sorry they didn't have the sun dried tomatoes for you. 😞

Funny, I don't like peppers (though like you, Bucky loves them)....but love, love those sun dried tomatoes!  Could ask them to leave the peppers off, but any different request will sometimes send them into a tizzy.  😮 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 8:17 AM, DirtyDawg said:

Thank you for posting this new menu. Unfortunately it just confirms the rumours I've been hearing about Royal lately. I hear that some big cruise line corporation just ordered hundreds of thousands of plant based biodegradable cutlery sets that can handle foods like cod, turkey, pasta, stuffed peppers and chicken. Don't worry about any waist, as I hear we'll be getting one set of cutlery at check-in which will last the entire cruise. Newly designed lanyards that can fit cutlery sets will available on board for the low, low price of $59.95. (Psst. The extra time the room stewards will need to wash our cutlery is the real reason the cruise line is moving to once per day cabin service. 😉)

And that * beside the New York Strip is for the new $19.95 plus 18% gratuity for a 2 hour rental of a steak knife. Eat fast everybody! 😁

LMAO....I can't wait to tell hubby about this, he will freak! What a great gag!

The Chops filet mignon was only so so last night in the MDR, the bigger surprise was not only 18% gratuity but tax as well, making it $26. If you're not out far enough from port, you get zapped with the sales tax. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 9:43 AM, The Fun Researcher said:

This conversation has gotten very specific  😂 

Will Royal continue to downgrade it's food, while increasing prices?  It has made me consider other (cheaper) lines or one that is more expensive, but worth the upgrade.    Thanks to everyone who offered an opinion.

And if anyone from Royal is monitoring these boards, I think its safe to say your new menu is not adored.  

Edited by Momto3girlsintheCarolinas
  • Haha 1