Late Boarding - chefs table

Xcelsior

16 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Thanks all for the advice. I’ll be the one racing to the specialty table!

And just another tip. Don't book the Chef's Table for the last night of the cruise. We were due to eat there tomorrow - our last night - and it's been cancelled 😞

Edited by Bobal
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Bobal said:

And just another tip. Don't book the Chef's Table for the last night of the cruise. We were due to eat there tomorrow - our last night - and it's been cancelled 😞

Another reason not to book anything for the last night is the amazing Indian Buffet, very often held on the last night. I would hate to miss that!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

Another reason not to book anything for the last night is the amazing Indian Buffet, very often held on the last night. I would hate to miss that!

Actually the Indian Buffet is tonight - penultimate night. We specifically didn't want to do Chef's Table tonight because we love the Indian buffet but been forced into it now as our only option. To be fair it's the Stateside menu which was our preferred option until we saw it clashed with the Indian buffet

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

Actually the Indian Buffet is tonight - penultimate night. We specifically didn't want to do Chef's Table tonight because we love the Indian buffet but been forced into it now as our only option. To be fair it's the Stateside menu which was our preferred option until we saw it clashed with the Indian buffet

Hope you enjoy the Stateside it’s our favourite of the current choices

Question on the Chef's Table. My wife no longer drinks alcohol. I'm assuming there is no discount for the Chef's Table for the non-drinker?  Many of the wine tasting dinners I do offers a reduced price for a non-drinker. Perfect for having a sober driver home but not the case on a cruise ship back to our cabin.  

3 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Question on the Chef's Table. My wife no longer drinks alcohol. I'm assuming there is no discount for the Chef's Table for the non-drinker?  Many of the wine tasting dinners I do offers a reduced price for a non-drinker. Perfect for having a sober driver home but not the case on a cruise ship back to our cabin.  

No discount, but the sommelier was very solicitous of my non-drinking wife and tried to offer her non-alcoholic 'wines' to go with the courses.  She finally convinced him she actually prefers water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1