Princess EZ Air - Seat Selection

CeeCee59

I will be traveling to New Zealand on a combination of flights - Air Canada to Vancouver, then Air New Zealand to Auckland.  The flights were purchased through EZ Air and final payment has been made.  When I try to manage my Air New Zealand booking (wanting to see how much it would cost to choose seats now) it tells me I have to check in at the airport.  Does anyone have experience with this?  I am concerned that since I will arrive at the Domestic Terminal at YVR, usually we would just be able to go to the international terminal without having to go outside the secure area and check-in through the main part of the airport.  Perhaps it is just to early for me to do this? 

When do you fly?  It may not have been ticketed just yet.  Usually it gets ticketed around 45 days ahead.  You can call and ask for early ticketing and then you should be able to choose seats.

YMMV as sometimes you can't.  I've booked EZ Air a couple times and have been able to select seats, either on the carriers' website or by calling in.

3 hours ago, CeeCee59 said:

I will be traveling to New Zealand on a combination of flights - Air Canada to Vancouver, then Air New Zealand to Auckland.  The flights were purchased through EZ Air and final payment has been made.  When I try to manage my Air New Zealand booking (wanting to see how much it would cost to choose seats now) it tells me I have to check in at the airport.  Does anyone have experience with this?  I am concerned that since I will arrive at the Domestic Terminal at YVR, usually we would just be able to go to the international terminal without having to go outside the secure area and check-in through the main part of the airport.  Perhaps it is just to early for me to do this? 

Are both flights not on the same ticket? Usually you would check in at your departure airport for both flights if they're on the same ticket, thus no need to do a separate check-in at YVR.

18 hours ago, CeeCee59 said:

Air New Zealand and Air Canada are codeshare partners.  Air Canada will very likely issue you a Air New Zealand boarding pass. in Terrace or online when you check in for the first fight.  If seats assignments are not available for some reason it will likely say something "to be assigned".. 

if for some reason Air Canada can't print the boarding pass, just bring along a copy of your booking to show them. to go from domestic to international.   

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CeeCee59 said:

I have one air booking number through Princess EZ Air and 2 different airline Confirmation numbers listed under that booking. My flight isn't until April.

Different airlines use different computer systems that can have varying six-character locator codes.  I've had itineraries where there are three different locators for one single ticket.  Those locator codes are pointers to the actual ticket.

As for "air booking number" - the actual e-ticket number is a 13 digit number.  Each has the first 3 digits to correspond to the issuing airline -- Air Canada tickets start with 014, Air New Zealand start with 086.  Any other number is a number relating to the cruiseline's accounting systems, not the airline's.

Finally, for the "I have to check in at the airport" - this is often the case when on an international itinerary.  The airline wants to physically see your travel documentation to make sure you are legal to fly.  I completely understand why NZ would want an agent to see your passport before giving you a boarding pass.  As mentioned above, an AC agent should be able to confirm your docs and issue the BP before your first leg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2023 at 7:25 AM, megr1125 said:

When do you fly?  It may not have been ticketed just yet.  Usually it gets ticketed around 45 days ahead.  You can call and ask for early ticketing and then you should be able to choose seats.

YMMV as sometimes you can't.  I've booked EZ Air a couple times and have been able to select seats, either on the carriers' website or by calling in.

I requested early ticketing for my ez air flights to AKL in April several weeks ago.  The system accepted the request and said expect 3-5 days to process.  Still no tickets, so called ez air department and was told this is normal, just be patient.  Just hope they pay for the tickets ontime!

14 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

I requested early ticketing for my ez air flights to AKL in April several weeks ago.  The system accepted the request and said expect 3-5 days to process.  Still no tickets, so called ez air department and was told this is normal, just be patient.  Just hope they pay for the tickets ontime!

I had Royal (I HAVE used Princess/Cunard in the past though) ticket them early this week and while I was told 48 hours, I had one actual ticket number in maybe 2 hours and the other less than 24 hours later.  (Had to poke around a bit to find them).  

Sounds like maybe EZ air is busy though when I early ticketed mine, it didn't take them long, I want to day about a day but it was a couple years ago.