Seascape Disembarking Feedback?

Td6462

I know just a few sailings have happened at this point. How has the 7AM docking been working out with departure times? Any recent cruisers have experiences to share?

Only done RC cruises previously and I'm curious if the process is similar? Is self departure possible and timely? The flight schedule is tricky for us that day.

Got Off the Seascape Jan2.  If possible, I would self departure.  You must be able to carry all your luggage with you.  Don't count on the elevators working.  Thus, could mean carrying them down several flights of stairs.  Our disembarking was running almost two hours behind schedule. 

• Thanks 1

I was on the same cruise.  We were off the ship in no time.  We left the ship at 8:30 with our bags.  Disembarkation began around 7:45.  We were on the Seashore in August and the disembarkation was a disaster.  So many things come into play to determine whether or not disembarkation will run smoothly.

• Thanks 1

I woud  assume the process will improve as more sailings occur... However, having sailed Seaside twice (before panademic)...I must admit I did see long lines and disorganization. This where sailing in YC added most value. Only dealt with Immigration lines.

Edited by lcpagejr
  • Like 1

We were on the Christmas Seascape Cruise.  We waited for our number to be called and disembarked practically walking out of customs area.  Disembarkation line gets backed up because customs officials are not as many and some passengers have to go through immigration which takes longer.  So the line is very long.  On our cruise, they halted calling numbers at #10 because many people either wanted to self disembark with multiple big suitcases  or go down without their number being called to get out early.  This caused a big line and chaos.  Frustration at a high level since customs couldn't process people as quickly and of course those waiting on the ship were quick to blame MSC for this.  We waited until our number was called,  walked out, found out luggage, got a porter who asked if we had a US passport and he took us to the facial recognition  customs station directly which didn't didn't have a line. We were out within minutes.  I think the porters don't wait in the same line as the rest of the passengers.

Edited by nednrom
  • Thanks 1

I also got off on Jan 2. I did the early departure with taking your own bags. I got in line around 6:45 and was able to use the elevators at that time. We were probably off the ship by 7:45 which was earlier than expected. I don’t know how things would have gone if we waited for our designated time.