LIVE- Valiant Lady- 1/14/23-1/22/23

MeganGC1983

13 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t quite understand what makes a bar tab better than just paying per drink. Do you get some sort of discount?

Yes, depending on the current promotion, for each $300 bar tab you purchase, you will receive $50-$125 applied to the tab.  So on our most recent cruise, you could purchase the tab for $300 and have $400 show up on your account to be used. 

Most recently the promotion has been a FREE $300 bar tab with cruises of less than 7 days, $600 with cruises of 7-15 days, and that was on top of any other current deals like rebooking on board.  This is good on bookings made thru 1/31/2023  and applies to cruises thru 2023 as well as a few cruises in 2024!   November was declared "Food and drink month" and each cabin booked included a $300 bar tab at no cost.  If you do these bookings with the free bar tab, you can still purchase additional bar tabs with the current $50 bonus.  The bonus amount changes regularly; I've never seen it less than $50 or more than $125  (other than when totally free)

58 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Yes, depending on the current promotion, for each $300 bar tab you purchase, you will receive $50-$125 applied to the tab.  So on our most recent cruise, you could purchase the tab for $300 and have $400 show up on your account to be used. 

Most recently the promotion has been a FREE $300 bar tab with cruises of less than 7 days, $600 with cruises of 7-15 days, and that was on top of any other current deals like rebooking on board.  This is good on bookings made thru 1/31/2023  and applies to cruises thru 2023 as well as a few cruises in 2024!   November was declared "Food and drink month" and each cabin booked included a $300 bar tab at no cost.  If you do these bookings with the free bar tab, you can still purchase additional bar tabs with the current $50 bonus.  The bonus amount changes regularly; I've never seen it less than $50 or more than $125  (other than when totally free)

It feels like we just did this yesterday...

• Haha 13

16 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Exactly.  I didn't realize how nice "no kids" would be until I experienced it.  We  did 3 booking on board deals!  For those criticizing the cost, shop carefully.  We cruised for just under $100 pp per night in a balcony cabin...and that included the tips, wifi, and sodas.  Many short cruises are more than double that, but deals are out there if you look for them.

That would be my biggest sell is the no kids thing. I have always cruised during school breaks because of my kids. I don't have to anymore so I cruise "off season". My daughter is a teacher and can only cruise during school breaks. She keeps telling me to cruise during the summer with her. Ummmm, thats a hard NO!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Megan,

Loving your review!  We are sailing this itinerary on Feb 11.  Do you have upgraded internet or are you working on the basic included internet?  Curious about functionality of the basic internet on sea days.  We own a campground and I may want to check reservation requests on sea days. (Although I already promised hubby I won’t!)

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, LisaJeffH said:

Megan,

Loving your review!  We are sailing this itinerary on Feb 11.  Do you have upgraded internet or are you working on the basic included internet?  Curious about functionality of the basic internet on sea days.  We own a campground and I may want to check reservation requests on sea days. (Although I already promised hubby I won’t!)

Thanks!

@LisaJeffH...curious what town is your campground in we are fulltimers!

• Like 1