Vietnam Visa

ShaZoGus

Booked on Oceania Nautica from Tokyo-Singapore in April/23.  My husband and I are Canadian and will each require a visa for our ports in Vietnam from May 4-8.  The invoice from Oceania with our final payment states that “Transit Visa On Arrival” is required, but the websites I’ve been searching are saying that type of visa is only applicable for tourists arriving by air and not by cruise ship. I suppose I’ll have to ask my travel agent to call Oceania again…any suggestions or input?

We did a River Cruise in Cambodia mid 2022.   The visa was very difficult to come by as the Vietnam Embassy here was not issuing visas.    A Canadian couple still did not have one on arrival and Viking was able to take care of it.   As suggested I also think that Oceania will take care of it onboard and debit your account.  

1 hour ago, firsttimers68 said:

I am booked on another cruise line and spoke with the UK rep who said they will sort VietnamCambodia visas onboard and debit our account. For peace of mind I would call Oceania direct and get it from them. You need a specific visa for entry by sea.

We are on Nautica Feb 2023 Bangkok to Singapore including stops in Cambodia and Vietnam. Both our TA and O have confirmed what @firsttimers68says in writing. I believe there is a form for Cambodia that we as passengers are to fill in and bring with us to give to O at embarkation. 

• Thanks 1

Always a good site to check...  Oceania uses Visa Central for its prepaid visas (India, China).

https://visacentral.com/oceania

https://visacentral.com/additional-client-info

• Oceania can arrange visa on board or exemptions is the following countries:Brunei, Cambodia, Gambia, Ghana, Jordan, Kenya, Madagascar, Mozambique, Qatar, Senegal, Tanzania, Turkey (72-hour visa exemption when in transit with the ship), United Arab Emirates(UAE),  Vietnam.  For U.S Citizens, please contact the cruise line directly regarding any questions related to visas required for these destinations:  Oceania can discuss the process and any fees that may be required for them to assist with securing visas that may be required for these destinations.
Edited by PaulMCO