NCL.com room availability is either broken beyond repair or using intentionally misleading room rates

f1rstxlas7

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Using your actual Feb. cruise, here's the prices on NCL's public site. It's almost a $300 difference, not $160. It also looks like the Spa Balcony may be a phantom room or was just booked. I don't see any available on the public site and only BA's show up elsewhere. Some of those BA's (ex. 14106) used to be Spa Balconies, but are now just Balcony rooms, so likely these were changed when the earlier example (14130) was changed.

image.thumb.png.dcea5f874de427bebfd4dc42dc946fed.png

On the NCL site, yes, that's what's being showed to me too. The prices I quoted were from my TA site, but I understand your point. It's definitely not a situation where the room was just booked, however, I thought that was the case early on too. If you try to go through the checkout process of booking a Spa room as displayed, it'll update and show as not available, but if you go back to the same grid 15 minutes or so later, or even a different browser at the same time, it'll appear as an option again. So it's definitely not someone booking the room before I can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phillygwm said:

Right.  It's just a balcony with thermal suite access.  If NCL can get $600 more for that, why wouldn't they?  Or if they can't get the full $600, maybe someone bids $200 to upgrade.  Why give that to someone taking the cheapest category (OK, they won't have spa access but still...) and preclude the additional revenue?

If the thermal spa is already at capacity …

On 1/10/2023 at 10:15 AM, JandC_Cruising said:

Even if you back out of the mock-booking, clear your cache, or try "incognito mode" in the browser, NCL has that room locked for a while.  

Of course it doesn't.  The cache on your computer has no effect at all on the remote system.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 2:10 PM, f1rstxlas7 said:

Ah-ha! That's a great point too! I did the math on this one to be sure. The TA I'm using is listing the Spa Balcony as $160 more than the equivalent regular Balcony, but for this specific itinerary, the week long Thermal Suite pass was $309 per person! Meaning, they're pocketing the difference of $149 per person by not having to provide access to the Spa!

All spa cabins have access to the spa, it is not a perk, but goes along with the cabin, like a butler I the Haven. 

On 1/10/2023 at 8:01 AM, f1rstxlas7 said:

I've noticed that my TA's website that pulls available rooms from NCL has never shown the same room category availability that the actual NCL website is showing. So either NCL isn't successfully pulling room availability to their own website OR they're intentionally misleading people to believe that certain rooms are available to try and get them to book a room that is available. 

Has anyone else had any other experiences like this?

I have notice over the last several years that say for studios, they seem to show one deck as available but then not other decks.  If I call, I then get what I want.

I would say more so over the last year, all the various web sites are a bit wonky when trying to book a specific area and it is best to just call.

On 1/10/2023 at 2:10 PM, f1rstxlas7 said:

Ah-ha! That's a great point too! I did the math on this one to be sure. The TA I'm using is listing the Spa Balcony as $160 more than the equivalent regular Balcony, but for this specific itinerary, the week long Thermal Suite pass was $309 per person! Meaning, they're pocketing the difference of $149 per person by not having to provide access to the Spa!

Incorrect. It is more than spa access. 

Edited by BirdTravels

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Incorrect. It is more than spa access. 

I don't know what you want me to say, it was clearly listed as being less than the price of a regular Balcony plus Spa access and it's weird that you'd even try and call me out on it.