Changes: Stock Price vs Onboard Experience

garyl62

So many threads about reduced experiences since the first of January.  Yet most days I see the stock price going up so I just did a quick evaluation and as of noon EST today the stock price has gone up about 18% this year.  I guess the investors like the cutbacks most CC posters are complaining about.

12 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

So many threads about reduced experiences since the first of January.  Yet most days I see the stock price going up so I just did a quick evaluation and as of noon EST today the stock price has gone up about 18% this year.  I guess the investors like the cutbacks most CC posters are complaining about.

Although the stocks have increased this year, they are still lower than two years ago and marginally better than at the collapse at the start of the pandemic. They are still well below 1/2 of the pre-pandemic amount.

Edited by RTShaker

I would hate to see what percentage Air Travel and Hotel's have gone up.    I just know the ones I recently booked made me shutter.

Thanks for the discussion on Stock Prices.    I had  jumped out of RCl at $133 in 2020 and sporadically bought back in for Cruise Discounts.     I decided to get back in at $32 kicking my self for not buying in when it hit the 20's.   

I haven't looked at the price since July when I bought back in.    I'm happy.

While I didn't buy RCL as an investment -   The amount I've received as OBC's has tempered the risk factor.

23 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

......     I decided to get back in at $32 kicking my self for not buying in when it hit the 20's.   

I haven't looked at the price since July when I bought back in.    I'm happy.

While I didn't buy RCL as an investment -   The amount I've received as OBC's has tempered the risk factor.

I jumped in at the bottom of the pandemic down turn and then took my profit when it got into the 50's as I wasn't sailing and I figured I didn't need the OBC for a while.  I thought I'd watch it and jump back in to get some OBC at time.  Now I'm kicking myself for not buying back in this past July when it was back in the 30's.  I figured I'd hold off, but now with trips coming up I would have liked that extra OBC.

I thought we all needed a diversion from everything and while it's just a 10 day run, and probably unrelated to the "cost cutting measures" everyone is lamenting over, at least it's a different perspective on cutbacks. 🙂

Might be up for last week but still below where it was a month ago.  Cruise lines were among the worst performing stocks last year so I'm sure there was a lot of tax loss selling in December.  

IMO cutbacks aren't stock price focused, cruise lines are still in survival mode and doing whatever they can to stay cash flow positive.  Unfortunately some actions seem to amount to "burning the furniture for firewood",  maybe providing a small short term benefit but  risking reputational damage to the X brand long term.

I have to think people will be able to get the stock a lot lower than it is now, in the future.  They have a ton of debt to pay off and they didn't get that debt at zero percent interest either!   With bigger and bigger ships coming online it is going to be interesting to see what happens with cruise travel over time.