Summit or Silhouette

CruisingNole

I’m a regular RC cruiser and want to try Celebrity. I like ships of all sizes with Royal’s Oasis and Independence as my favorites. The smallest ship I’ve been on is NCL Sun, which I enjoyed as well.

That being said, which ship would be best for my first taste of Celebrity…Summit or Silhouette. Itineraries and pricing are the same.

2 hours ago, CruisingNole said:

I will probably stick with complimentary dining. Do both ships offer similar complimentary options?

Both have essentially the same complimentary dining options.

I'm personally partial to the M class ships (Summit) but I think the S class (Silhouette) is probably popular with more passengers.  I don't think you can go wrong with either option.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Both have essentially the same complimentary dining options.

I'm personally partial to the M class ships (Summit) but I think the S class (Silhouette) is probably popular with more passengers.  I don't think you can go wrong with either option.

I agree , I would pick the one with the ports and price that fits me the best . I do think Silhouette is a little more elegant, I really like buffet on summit, going on summit in a royal suite in two months . 

1 hour ago, RosieRoo said:

If you are a regular RC cruiser, Summit is comparable with the Radiance Class. Silhouette is bigger and newer. Having said that, I love the Summit and it was just revolutionized in 2019. 

Best. News. Ever!!!! I'm on the July 16 Summit and Radiance Class is my fave RCCL class!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Best. News. Ever!!!! I'm on the July 16 Summit and Radiance Class is my fave RCCL class!!!

I was on Summit last July for my birthday and then again in October for her repositioning to Florida. If you love Radiance class you will love the Summit. 

• Thanks 1

I was on the Summit two times last year, a 7 night charter cruise in Feb and a 12 night transatlantic in August. Frankly the food and service were bad on both cruises. If they hadn't been carryovers /re booked from the 2020 & 2021 I wouldn't have chosen the Summit the second time.

We also did a rebooked cruise on the Equinox last year as well, food and service were bad as well.

Three strikes and you're out.  We are done with X for the foreseeable future.

Having said that all cruises are different based on the ship, time of year, itinerary, departure point, crew, etc, etc. so YMMV.  

Edited by mac66

19 minutes ago, stellarose said:

anything I should do on the summit when I turn 50????

Maybe try the cocktail in the observation lounge that matches your zodiac sign?  It's a fun place to hang out and get a great view during the day or enjoy silent disco at night.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Silhouette dates are going to be better for us, so that’s what we’re going with. 

The itinerary is 4 nights and I planned to book a verandah cabin. Then I couldn’t help but notice aqua class for $200 more. So $50 per day. The big question…is it worth it? It appears the main benefit (for me) would be the restaurant. The Persian garden looks nice but with it being a 4 night cruise and my first time on this ship, I doubt I’d spend a whole lot of time in there.

Curious as to your thoughts. Thanks again!