Chefs Table

canusa

It has been quite awhile since we last cruised. We will be on the Enchanted princess at the end of the month and I was wondering what the process is now to get your name on the list for the Chefs Table. Any insight would be helpful.

It's a lottery, essentially. Either contact the dine line or the director of restaurant operations when you board to get your name on the list. They will let you know if you are chosen. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canusa said:

It has been quite awhile since we last cruised. We will be on the Enchanted princess at the end of the month and I was wondering what the process is now to get your name on the list for the Chefs Table. Any insight would be helpful.

There's two ways you can go about it. One you can call the dining line to request to put your name on the list. And I would also or the way I typically do it is is I go straight to One of the head waders in the main dining room and I Tell them I'm interested in the chef's table and would like my name on it. It's different on every ship and every cruise on the number of chef table dinners that they will do based on how many people request. Such a wonderful and lovely experience. Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

We have never done the Chef's Table but have done the Winemaker's Dinner twice now.  Pretty sure it is handled the same way as CT.  Both times I had good luck in speaking to a Head Waiter, as @Jeter02 says.  If you cannot get into the CT...ask about the WD...we really enjoyed it and it's a LOT cheaper!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

No...you can sign up solo.

I've only gone solo. I've done about four chef tables and probably about six of the wine makers table dinners, which I actually kind of prefer more than the chef's table. Better value, and the food is amazing. But a completely different experience from the chef table if you have not done so already. The winemakers table was 40 bucks a person so completely doable.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluetardis said:

@Rick&Jeannie thank you for the idea about the Wine makers dinner

If I'm not mistaken (or they haven't raised the price!) I believe the WD was $40/person as opposed to about $150 for the CT.  I don't think I could eat $150 worth of food! 😄

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

4 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It is not available on all ships...I do not know about the Caribbean.  I *think* I've heard that it is only on the newer ships.  (Don't hold me to that!)

Mr. Google told me that the WD is only available on Royal Class ships...sorry!

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It is not available on all ships...I do not know about the Caribbean.  I *think* I've heard that it is only on the newer ships.  (Don't hold me to that!)

Yes the winemakers table is explicitly only on the royal class ships which include the Royal, Regal, Majestic, Sky, and the Enchanted.

• Like 2

We were on the Grand this last September. The VERY FIRST thing we did was go to our cabin and I immediately dialed the Dine Line. I asked about the Chef's Table and she took our names and cabin number to be on the list. She said that IF there was going to be one that we would be contacted.

We received a message on the phone just a day or two later and we would be attending. It was a fun experience and worth the time and expense. DH does not drink alcohol so his charge was lower. They were very sweet and offered him other beverages and it cost less.