Does Royal take Pinnacles for granted?

Karter

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I grabbed this one ages ago when the itinerary was first released.  I got for the same price as a JS was going for.  It's kind of a unique cabin and Ensenada and Catalina aren't exactly going to be blazing hot at the end of Jan.  We usually like our balcony but I thought this would be an interesting change.  That being said, if I can upgrade to an OS for my, just above minimum, bid I'll take it.  

I think it looks like a great cabin and it sounds like you got a great price, too.

My point was not to criticize your current cabin, but to point out that a factor you cannot control likely impacts your RoyalUp odds.  If somebody below you wants your cabin and bids aggressively, your odds of winning the OS go up.  If the people below you are interested in balcony suites, your odds of winning the OS go down.  Good luck.

12 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I think it looks like a great cabin and it sounds like you got a great price, too.

My point was not to criticize your current cabin, but to point out that a factor you cannot control likely impacts your RoyalUp odds.  If somebody below you wants your cabin and bids aggressively, your odds of winning the OS go up.  If the people below you are interested in balcony suites, your odds of winning the OS go down.  Good luck.

I didn't think you were criticizing.  Sorry if I sounded defensive.  I was just explaining, that's all.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2023 at 7:30 AM, Karter said:

Here is the situation.

Three guarantee balcony cabins were booked at the same time as a group on Odyssey of the Seas.

Couple 1 Second cruse ever with Royal Caribbean

Couple 2 Platinum books a cruise every 3 to 4 years

Couple 3 Pinnacle books 15 to 20 cruises a year - currently has 18 cruises booked.

When the cabins were assigned couples 1 and 2 were assigned balconies on deck 11 near the center of the ship couple 3 the Pinnacle couple was assigned a 50% obstructed view cabin on deck 6.

Yes I know you are gambling when you book a guarantee and be willing to take whatever you get this is more about did Royal assume the the Pinnacle couple will always book with them and give them a lower end cabin.

Is it purely luck of the draw or does Royal have some kind of algorithm to give better cabins to new/infrequent cruisers to encourage them to book again.

BTW I think Royal treats Pinnacles extremely well with their loyalty program so this is not a complaint about the loyalty program it is about how cabins are assigned.

Maybe they process as assigned.  If so, I don’t think you should expect anything more.